Problems with adding CSV file as a map layer onto ArcGIS Portal

07-04-2017 02:22 AM
CherylLim
New Contributor II

Hi, I am trying to publish an excel sheet in CSV format onto my organisation's ArcGIS Portal but I am having issues with adding my CSV file onto the portal.

I have 727 rows and 15 columns of data in my excel sheet. Whenever I tried to add a layer from my file on the portal, I would get an Error warning even though I have included valid addresses and geographic coordinates in my excel sheet. Did anyone encounter this problem too? I have attached some images for your reference, really appreciate your help!

-Cheryl

0 Kudos
7 Replies
shan_sarkar
Occasional Contributor III

Cheryl,

Does your csv have any special characters (!,@,#) or spaces in the field names?

~Shan

~Shan
0 Kudos
shan_sarkar
Occasional Contributor III

Also can you share any one coordinate that is available for the point data?

~Shan

~Shan
0 Kudos
CherylLim
New Contributor II

Hi Shan,

No, my csv does not have any special characters and my field names do not contain any spaces, I have added in underscores for the field names' spaces instead. 

I have added a screenshot of one coordinate for your reference, thank you for your advice!

-Cheryl

JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Ensure that the Lat/Lon values correspond to the coordinate values in GCS_WGS_1984 (Decimal Degrees). Try changing the lat/lon values to its corresponding values in Decimal Degrees, and add again to the Map Viewer.

Think Location
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

you have projected coordinates... what projection are they in? and you should recalculate them into geographic coordinates in the source program

SrinivasaRao1
New Contributor III

Hi, we are also facing the same issue but in our CSV there are no Lat/Lan details available, is there any possibility of adding those in the ArcGIS portal without Lat/Lan details to covert into the feature layer.

As we all know that there is an option in ArcGIS online without Lat/Lan details we can add as an item in a web map and create as a feature layer.

But we required to be published in ArcGIS Portal, is there any way to publish. Below is error when we try to add from file through web map.

0 Kudos
ReginaldoPaderon2
New Contributor II

Any update on this ?  We are having the same issue in our Production Environment.  However, in our Development Environment, there are no issues (Development is not public).

I am having Portal 10.9.1.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos