Exporting Fonts in Illustrator

12-08-2011 04:40 PM
RezaTehranifar1
New Contributor
I am exporting a map as an AI file so that I can move around or delete labels in Illustrator hoping it would be faster.  However, each letter of a word is a separate layer. For example, GOLD ST, has one layer for G, one layer for O.  Therefore it is very difficult to select one label and move it around or increase its size.  As of now, I have to select G, hold shift and select the other letters.  This is something I prefer not to do. 
The reason I am not doing this in ArcMap is because there are many labels that I would like to move or delete and it took too long to do them in ArcMap.
Is there a solution to this?
Thanks
Reza
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
RezaTehranifar1
New Contributor
I should mention that I have no Haloes or shadows around my fonts.  It is just the font (arial) with no effects.
0 Kudos
SimonOates
New Contributor
Have you found a solution to the problem ?

I too am struggling with arcmap labels converting to individual letters when exported to ai format.

cheers
Simon
0 Kudos
JohnCrumpton
New Contributor
I know this post was made almost two years ago, but I thought I would reply since I had the same problem and there was no answer here.

They key to exporting labels without having them explode is how they are placed. You want to go to placement properties, and under label position, make sure it is regular placement with horizontal position. That should prevent the individual letters from exporting individually.
0 Kudos