Enterprise 10.9 The layer ,layer name, cannot be added to the map.

Jump to solution
07-26-2021 07:09 AM
jojo_esrisverige
New Contributor II

Hi,

I just installed a base deployment of ArcGIS Enterprise 10.9

Everything during the installation was ok, the components are working fine and are installed in the right order. I can publish to the portal without any problems from Pro. 

jojo_esrisverige_1-1627306870192.png

But, when I go to the published feature layer in the portal I cant see any layers in the service

jojo_esrisverige_2-1627307193968.png

When I try to open the feature in the map viewer I get the error below, background maps opens fine. Its a 404browser error (page not found) so it does not give any clue on what's wrong

jojo_esrisverige_0-1627306814311.png

I can open the feature service i arcgis online, so I guess there is a problem with the communication between the server and portal internally.

The fedaration of the server is confirmed, but I have a strange message that I don't understand --> ArcGIS Server services URL "url/server/manager" cannot be validated against "url/server/manager/rest/info" If the service URL is a proxy URL verify it is accessible to clients. 

I don't understand, if the status of the federation is ok what does the info mean?

jojo_esrisverige_3-1627307907199.png

Anyone recognize the problem and know how to fix it.

Appreciate any help!:)

Best/
Johan

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jojo_esrisverige
New Contributor II

The fault was that I used url/server/manager instead of only url/server as the Service URL when federating.
I unfederated the server and did a new federation with the correct Service URL, now everything works:)

View solution in original post

4 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor
jojo_esrisverige
New Contributor II

Thanks for your response, but it did not work. My solution does not include Integrated Windows Authentication (IWA).

0 Kudos
ReeseFacendini
Esri Regular Contributor

Based on that error message above, it could be that the URL used to federate ArcGIS Server to Portal isn't correct.  On the item's details page, if you click on the published URL in the bottom right corner, does that page load correctly to see the service details?

jojo_esrisverige
New Contributor II

The fault was that I used url/server/manager instead of only url/server as the Service URL when federating.
I unfederated the server and did a new federation with the correct Service URL, now everything works:)