Category Gallery (Instant App) not loading group content

Jump to solution
07-25-2022 02:55 PM
RandyBonds_Jr_
Occasional Contributor

Nothing loads, and when I view the console, I see these two errors:

Uncaught (in promise) The item containing the living atlas categories could not be determined.
index.js:16

Uncaught The item containing the living atlas categories could not be determined.

This is for Portal 10.9.1

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Joshua-Young
Occasional Contributor III

Sorry everyone, I got busy with some other things and forgot to share that the issue was on Esri's side and they have resolved the issue. Once Esri made whatever change they did, all I had to do was clear my browser cache and all my Category Gallery apps started working without me having to change anything on my end.

Here is a link to my other post:
https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-instant-apps-questions/category-gallery-fails-to-load/td-p/1227...

"Not all those who wander are lost" ~ Tolkien

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Joshua-Young

Did you ever find a solution to this?

0 Kudos
CarmellaBurdi1
New Contributor III

I am having this same issue @Joshua-Young @RandyBonds_Jr_ 

I'm assuming it has to do with maps using layers from the Living Atlas? But I tried removing the apps and maps from the content gallery that used Living Atlas layers and it doesn't seem to help. 

The group is accessible publicly and it loads just fine when I go to the group page. I can see all my content. But when I try to view it using the embeddable instant app for the Category Gallery it just hangs and hangs. 

Edited to add: I'm using enterprise 10.9 and when I'm logged in the app seems to load fine and quickly. But even though the app is shared publicly it just hangs and hangs. 

Joshua-Young

I am having the issue on 10.9.1 while logged in. I have tried other accounts including an admin account, using different groups, different settings, different sharing, and the Category Gallery just hangs. I am getting the same error as Randy. When I check the web traffic it appears that the gallery is finding and loading the category information.

I tried moving or Minimal Gallery apps to the Category Gallery app template in preperation for upgrading to ArcGIS Enterprise 11. I may go ahead with migrating the apps and then upgrade to 11 to see if that fixes the issue.

0 Kudos
CarmellaBurdi1
New Contributor III

Thanks, Josh! I can't upgrade to 11 for a little while, but let me know if it fixes your issue.

My workaround is that I'm currently putting all my content into a group and using the "embed" feature from the group to insert in my experience builder app. It's not great because the carousel it provides isn't searchable - but I'm linking folks out to the group page for more info. 

0 Kudos
Joshua-Young

Sorry everyone, I got busy with some other things and forgot to share that the issue was on Esri's side and they have resolved the issue. Once Esri made whatever change they did, all I had to do was clear my browser cache and all my Category Gallery apps started working without me having to change anything on my end.

Here is a link to my other post:
https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-instant-apps-questions/category-gallery-fails-to-load/td-p/1227...