Source code for list element in operations dashboard

Jump to solution
07-30-2019 02:40 PM
JulieEckman1
New Contributor III

I'm trying to figure out what is being used for the source code in the list section of the list element.

I would like to try to add an "IF, ELSE" condition to the source code.  I have several fields containing "Yes", "No", "Unknown", and some other attributes.  For each record showing in the resulting list, I want to weed out the fields containing "No" attribute and show the fields containing the other attributes.  Is it possible to add a condition within the source for the list (such as "IF {ClearLand} Not Equal to "No", then show the field for the record)?

What is being used for the source code?  Arcade, HTML, a hybrid?

Regards, Julie Eckman, PLS

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Julie and Xander,

> Is it possible to add a condition within the source for the list ..

Operations Dashboard is not extensible. There are no options to add custom code, nor extend its capabilities. If functionality is missing, please post your enhancement request on the ArcGIS Ideas forum for Ops Dashboard.

> I'm not sure if there is a dashboard for developers edition.

There is no "developer edition" for Operations Dashboard.

> I don't think it is possible yet to use expressions in the list configuration

Correct. The List element does not support the use of Arcade.

> do you have any more information on the outcome of this or is there a roadmap for introducing Arcade expressions in the Dashboard widgets?

Better support for Arcade in Operations Dashboard is planned in a future release, specifically when the app is fully migrated to the ArcGIS API for JavaScript 4.x. (Development is currently working on this.)

> I haven't looked at Arcade too much yet, so I am not familiar with its syntax,

Please take a look at these videos,

Hope this helps,

View solution in original post

6 Replies
XanderBakker

Hi Julie Eckman ,

I don't think it is possible yet to use expressions in the list configuration, but it would be a nice thing to have. I do recall a poll where the developers of Dashboard were trying to understand in which elements of the Dashboard the users would like to see support for expressions.

Derek Law; do you have any more information on the outcome of this or is there a roadmap for introducing Arcade expressions in the Dashboard widgets?

JulieEckman1
New Contributor III

Xander, thanks for adding to this thread - do you know what language is used for the source code for Dashboard's list element?  I haven't looked at Arcade too much yet, so I am not familiar with its syntax, though after a quick glance, I think it's a cleaner version of HTML?  Julie

XanderBakker

Hi JA_Eckman ,

Dashboard is programmed using the Javascript API. I'm not sure if there is a dashboard for developers edition. Arcade is an expression language that is based on Javascript, but it is not the same.

DerekLaw

Hi Julie and Xander,

> Is it possible to add a condition within the source for the list ..

Operations Dashboard is not extensible. There are no options to add custom code, nor extend its capabilities. If functionality is missing, please post your enhancement request on the ArcGIS Ideas forum for Ops Dashboard.

> I'm not sure if there is a dashboard for developers edition.

There is no "developer edition" for Operations Dashboard.

> I don't think it is possible yet to use expressions in the list configuration

Correct. The List element does not support the use of Arcade.

> do you have any more information on the outcome of this or is there a roadmap for introducing Arcade expressions in the Dashboard widgets?

Better support for Arcade in Operations Dashboard is planned in a future release, specifically when the app is fully migrated to the ArcGIS API for JavaScript 4.x. (Development is currently working on this.)

> I haven't looked at Arcade too much yet, so I am not familiar with its syntax,

Please take a look at these videos,

Hope this helps,

XanderBakker

Hi Derek Law ,

Thanks for jumping in and sharing the information!

Julie Eckman , can you mark Derek's answer as the correct one?

JulieEckman1
New Contributor III

Good morning, Derek,

Thank you for your response - I am somewhat disappointed in not being able to add JavaScript conditional code.  But, I did add it to the ideas area as you suggested.

Have a good day!  Julie Eckman