Sort Dashboard Legend?

04-23-2020 06:58 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have a dashboard that contains a time series for sample locations. The legend lists the location ids in no order that I can see. I would present an image, but the data is very sensitive.

There is simply no order. The unique ids are separated by color and if you are wondering which location the dark pink line represents, you just need to scan up and down the legend until you find it. Same for the turquoise line, the orange one, etc... Extremely awkward.

Is there a way to get the legends in dashboard time series charts to sort?

Thank you,

Randy McGregor

0 Kudos
13 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I can sort lists, detail panes, almost everything except the legend items in the chart.

Thank You,

Randy McGregor

0 Kudos
RickeyFight
MVP Regular Contributor

Randy McGregor

"Since the contents of your web map determine the contents of the legend element, the order in which layers appear in the web map reflects the order in which they appear in the legend element."

Map legend—ArcGIS Dashboards | Documentation 

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks Rickey,

It's not the map legend. Sorry. I wasn't clear - It's the dashboard legend - the list of charted locations, which changes depending on selection.

There is only one map layer - the sample results layer. The dashboard creates a legend on the fly for each unique location id, because a line graph is made for each selected location (split by = "Location ID"). I obscured the ids, but this is an example and they are not sorted in any logical way and I don't seem to have any control over it.

0 Kudos
RickeyFight
MVP Regular Contributor

is it sorted by objectid? 

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Good guess. I don't know. I see no way to tell it how to sort.

0 Kudos
RickeyFight
MVP Regular Contributor

Can you open the data in another map and see if it is ordered by objectid? 

What chart are you using? 

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

If I discovered they were sorted based on object id, what would I be able to do with that information?

0 Kudos
MapManOregon
New Contributor III

I have a similar issue.  We have a text values, Site Index, and I'd like I to be at the top, then II, but what I get is below.  Any suggestions??

Thanks.

keith

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have seen no way of dealing with this, nor have I heard anything. This is either a bug or an oversight. It would be nice if someone at ESRI could at least comment on this. An unsorted legend is awkward. 

0 Kudos