Problems with creating Survey123 URL in dashboard map

Jump to solution
02-08-2019 11:28 AM
Trippetoe
Occasional Contributor III

We have created a web map with a pop-up dialog box that generates a URL that opens a Survey123 survey. That functionality works great. However,  when we add the web map to an Ops Dashboard, that URL has some funky URL encoding added which messes up the URL so that the survey can not be opened.

Here is the URL that is generated in the pop-up from the stand-alone web map (I have replaced the item id, lat, lon and firm name with generic values😞  

arcgis-survey123://?itemID=<item-id>&center=<lat>,<lon>&field:FIRMNAME=<firm-name>&field:METRO_FSCRP_ID=fscrp10000251&field:STREET=4130%20SW%20117TH%20AVE%20%23%20H

Here is the URL that is generated in the pop-up from the Ops Dashboard web map:

arcgis-survey123://?itemID=<item-id>%C2%A2er=<lat>,<lon>&field:FIRMNAME=<firm-name>&field:METRO_FSCRP_ID=fscrp10000251&field:STREET=4130%20SW%20117TH%20AVE%20%23%20H

Note that "&center" in the URL generated in the stand-alone web map pop-up has been replaced by "%C2%A2er" in the URL in the Ops Dashboard map pop-up.  The result is that an invalid itemId is created and Survey123 can't open the survey..... the Survey item ID contains a cent character.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Trippetoe

After working with Esri Tech Support, the behavior I described has been officially denoted as a bug in Operations Dashboard (BUG-000120067).

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Trippetoe

After working with Esri Tech Support, the behavior I described has been officially denoted as a bug in Operations Dashboard (BUG-000120067).

0 Kudos
KinleyWinchester
New Contributor III

Hi Tom,

It's been a year... have you found a workaround or heard from Esri on this?  I am having the same issue.

0 Kudos
Trippetoe

Hey Kinley.

Below is a screen cap from my MyEsri account. Looks like a fix is coming out soon. Or, if its already out, its not working as expected.

Screen cap from MyEsri showing bug status

0 Kudos
Nicole_Ueberschär
Esri Regular Contributor

If I understand the status correctly it is implemented in the current Beta environment (not sure though if this applies to the Beta Mapviewer or Beta Survey123 or Beta Operations Dashboard...). 

EDIT: I tried it from the Early Adopter Survey123 website with the Early Adopter AGOL to create a webmap and from that webmap a Operations Dashboard and I am still getting the same error. I will try next to use the Beta Field App...

0 Kudos
LizLahey
New Contributor II

Will this bug fix be available for Enterprise (we're at 10.6.1) or does it only apply to ArcGIS Online? I'm having the same issue. I created a popup with a URL that links to Survey123. Using &center in the URL will pass coordinates from a web map or web app, but from Operations Dashboard it's translated to ¢er and doesn't work.

0 Kudos
LizLahey
New Contributor II

I found a workaround to this issue that resolved the problem. I added a Rich Text box to my Dashboard and pasted in the code to embed my web map. This allows display of the map and the &center portion of the popup link to Survey123 works correctly. I then added my web map to the dashboard again as a Map. I shrunk this second map window so it isn't visible, but I used it to populate the stats on my dashboard.

Nicole_Ueberschär
Esri Regular Contributor

Great idea to add the map as a Rich Text item. Do you really need the map for the stats in the dashboard or could you also use the feature services directly? I figured that (at least for one of my projects) it is easier to maintain the links to the data if I add them directly and not through the map. 

0 Kudos
LizLahey
New Contributor II

That could be an option too. In my case some of the feature services are on a different server than my Portal server, it looks like like I can only build stats off a service that is shared in my Portal. Since they're already on the map I just used them from there, but there are probably projects where using the service directly would work great!

Nicole_Ueberschär
Esri Regular Contributor

Just found the same issue when using the link from Collector 😞

0 Kudos