Operations Dashboard Map Actions Does Not Zoom

Jump to solution
01-03-2018 07:20 PM
MeleKoneya
Occasional Contributor III

I have an Operations Dashboard with Fire Hydrants for annual flushing that were assigned by Shift.  I have added a category selector and it works to filter based on the shift.

I am trying to get the map to zoom after the filter is applied. 

I see the subset filtered out, but it does not zoom.    I have configured the map action to when selection changes on the hydrant to zoom,  but am I missing something?   The map does not zoom to the filtered hydrants.

Thanks,

Mele

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JoeBryant1

It looks like this may have been implemented under a different Idea:

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-dashboards-ideas/allow-category-selector-to-zoom-to-selection/i...

In the June 2022 release of ArcGIS Dashboards, elements with categories based on grouped values (such as a category selector) can now target maps with pan, zoom, and flash actions.

View solution in original post

18 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

It sounds like you have a Category Selector configured using Grouped Values to filter by Shift. 

The Category Selector can only zoom the map if it is configured using Features (since those have geometries).

Can you share the dashboard or screenshots of your configuration?

MeleKoneya

Aaron,

That is correct,   I do have Grouped Values in the Category Selector.    It looks like if I change it to Features then I get each individual hydrant to select rather than all of the hydrants assigned to a shift.     Is there a way to configure that so it selects all hydrants assigned to a given shift with the Features use with the Category Selector?

Mele

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Mele,

That is a current limitation of Operations Dashboard. Using Features with the Category selector is designed to select one or more specific features (which have geometry that can be optionally zoomed/panned/flashed to). Using Grouped Values is designed to select features by a common attribute. At this time there is no way to accomplish what you want to do. This is might be something that will be enhanced with future releases (I'll open an issue with our team to discuss our options). 

MeleKoneya

Aaron,

Thanks.   That is what I was suspecting but wasn't sure.    I do have a work around as I have polygons for each shift so I can zoom to those. 

It would be nice to see the functionality of what I was trying to do added so I appreciate your consideration of this with your team.

Mele

Kim_SiangAng1
New Contributor III

Hi Mele,

May I know what was the work around option?

Thanks

Kim

0 Kudos
MeleKoneya

Kim,

Each year I update this dashboard,  I have to go back to the AGOL site and remember how I did it because off hand I don't know 

What I did was create Feature Layer that has all of our assigned areas by station and shift.     This layer is used as a category selector where the values for match what is in the hydrants for assignment station and shift.    An action is placed on the category selector that then filters the hydrants.

Hope this process works for your dashboard.

Mele

0 Kudos
Kim_SiangAng1
New Contributor III

Hi Mele,

That's what I thought. Thanks for the prompt reply and images attached. 

Kim

0 Kudos
EdwardGlover1
New Contributor III

Mele,

I was hoping to do the same thing as you.  It is helpful to know this is a current limitation.  I have posted this topic on ESRI's ideas page.  Hopefully Aaron continues to pursue this functionality for future releases.

https://community.esri.com/ideas/14599-operations-dashboard-category-selector-configured-using-group...

Voting up the idea will help the enhancement along.

Ed

MeleKoneya

Ed,  Thanks for posting the idea.    I voted it up.

Mele