How to set a different color (format) for a selected item (row) on a list widget?

01-05-2022 10:20 AM
JoseBarrios1
Occasional Contributor III

Hello Everyone,

Does anyone know if is possible to select a different format for a selected item on a list widget?

I use arcade to create the card- shape and a conditional format that is  based on the status of a species but I can't figure out how to change the card format when the item is selected on the list. The current arcade setting only let me set the {SelectionColor}  and it shows as a small bar on the left side of the list. It is not very clear to see the selected item and what I am trying to accomplish is to change the card outline, the background color and add a shadow when the item is selected (see attched pic). Thanks for any help and suggestions!Selected.png

JB

3 Replies
SzuNyiapTang
Esri Contributor

Hi @JoseBarrios1 

I dont think it is possible to do that.

Alternatively, you might want to consider on changing the selectionTextColor to make it more prominent.

Cheers,

Tang

Cheers,
Tang
0 Kudos
GlenGardner1
New Contributor III

I'm looking to do something similar. The old version of Operations Dashboard on Enterprise 10.8.1 would have the whole background change when a List item was selected. Since upgrading I've gotten several uses who preferred the color change of the full background and not just a little blue bar. Any chance this could be done with Arcade?

MattiasEkström
Occasional Contributor III

I would also like this, since I couldn't find an idea for it I created one. Vote for this one:

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-dashboards-ideas/set-selection-backgroundcolor-with-arcade-in-l...