How do I use the previous value for the reference in the Indicator? when I choose previous value it is displaying the same number. I have multiple entries in a related table associated to an event ( 1 to many) and trying to calculate the difference from

12-04-2019 11:08 PM
AlisanSpeed
New Contributor

How do I use the previous value for the reference in the Indicator?  when I choose previous value it is displaying the same number.  I have multiple entries in a related table associated to an event ( 1 to many) and trying to calculate the difference from the current and previous value.

13 Replies
SuddhaGraves
New Contributor III

I am also seeing this same behavior.  Any insight would be appreciated.

OlivieroVitale
Esri Contributor

Hello. Any hint about this issue? Thanks

0 Kudos
AntónioMarques
New Contributor II

Hello. Still no answer to this? It would be very helpful to see an example of how to use it. Thanks.

0 Kudos
JanJeske2
New Contributor II

I think the Problem we're all facing is, that in an time based dataset the reference "previous value" is not referencing to the previous feature. Instead it is pointing to the actually feature.

Data

2020-03-28 | 15

2020-03-29 | 16

2020-03-30 | 17

I get 17 as value and 17 as previous value

VHolubec
Esri Regular Contributor

Dear Derek Law‌, Dear ArcGIS Dashboards team, do you have any example for this - previous value? I am facing the same behavior, and I don´t see the usage for Previous value option in reference.

Thank you.

Vladimir
0 Kudos
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Alisan,

> How do I use the previous value for the reference in the Indicator?  when I choose previous value it is displaying the same number. I have multiple entries in a related table associated to an event ( 1 to many) and trying to calculate the difference from the current and previous value.

I am not clear on what you're trying to do; especially in the context of the related table.

FYI, when configuring an Indicator element > Data > Reference > Reference Type = "previous value" does not mean that it will reference the previous record in your data layer. It refers to the value/number displayed on the indicator before the last refresh interval was applied.

Hope this helps,

VHolubec
Esri Regular Contributor

Dear Derek Law‌,

thank you so much for clarification. Just one more clarification. The refresh interval refers to refresh interval set on layer in WebMap in CDN cache settings in feature layer? 

Thank you again.

Have a great day!

Vladimir
0 Kudos
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Vladimir,

> Just one more clarification. The refresh interval refers to refresh interval set on layer in WebMap in CDN cache settings in feature layer? 

Yes. For others who are reading this, please review this help topic for more background info on the CDN cache settings,

Build highly scalable dashboards—ArcGIS Dashboards | Documentation 

Hope this helps,

VHolubec
Esri Regular Contributor

Dear Derek Law‌, thank you very much!

Vladimir
0 Kudos