Select to view content in your preferred language

Hosted Feature Layer Issue for Dashboard

08-09-2023 07:55 AM
Labels (1)
NicoleDaigneault
Emerging Contributor

I have an issue while creating a dashboard and I’m hoping someone can provide some insight.

I’m recreating a “Missed Trash” map and dashboard for the county that displays information taxpayers have submitted.  This is updated live throughout the day.  Our current dashboard, created a few years ago, was made through Web AppBuilder using a rest service and a query widget.  I’m trying to recreate it using the Dashboard app where I feel like I have more control over layout and design.

The issue I’m running into is making my source data available for downloads.  It’s my understanding that I need to create a hosted feature layer to be able to allow data exports and adjust the proper settings (a rest service will not work). I’m trying to do this and running into issues of ALL the features appearing in the hosted feature layer compared to the view in ArcGIS Pro.  There should be ~3400 features and the hosted web layers have had ~1800-1900. My programmer and I have done some digging and believe the problem revolves around duplicate Object IDs.  The view assigns Object IDs based on addresses, so in the view’s database, there are multiple features with the same Object ID.

Is there a way to get my data to show up correctly in my map and dashboard so I can have downloadable source data?  If there is another way of doing it or I’m missing something, please let me know.  

Thank you!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AaronKoelker
Frequent Contributor

How is your data being created? Would you be able to incorporate Global IDs as an alternative unique identifier field for AGO to use? You can either use this method in Pro or this method on a hosted feature layer in AGO.

-Aaron
0 Kudos
NicoleDaigneault
Emerging Contributor

l'll try that.  Thank you.

0 Kudos