Display number of view in operation dashboard

Jump to solution
04-10-2019 08:07 AM
DambéSANWOGOU
Occasional Contributor

Hello, is it possible to display the number of views of an application in operation dashboard ???

Best regards

Anselme

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Anselme,

> ... is it possible to display the number of views of an application in operation dashboard ?

Are you specifically referring to apps that are hosted/stored within an ArcGIS Online organization? or something else?

If you are wanting to display the number of views for apps that are hosted/stored within an ArcGIS Online organization, you'll likely have to write some custom python scripts to query the ArcGIS REST API, and possibly query for the number of item views. Then write this info into a custom feature service. You could then access the feature service's content in Operations Dashboard. I have not done this personally, but I think it is possible.

Another user did something similar to monitor user activities in an enterprise geodatabase, see this Linked In post:

Esri Database Monitoring Dashboard

Hope this helps,

View solution in original post

3 Replies
DerekLaw

Hi Anselme,

> ... is it possible to display the number of views of an application in operation dashboard ?

Are you specifically referring to apps that are hosted/stored within an ArcGIS Online organization? or something else?

If you are wanting to display the number of views for apps that are hosted/stored within an ArcGIS Online organization, you'll likely have to write some custom python scripts to query the ArcGIS REST API, and possibly query for the number of item views. Then write this info into a custom feature service. You could then access the feature service's content in Operations Dashboard. I have not done this personally, but I think it is possible.

Another user did something similar to monitor user activities in an enterprise geodatabase, see this Linked In post:

Esri Database Monitoring Dashboard

Hope this helps,

DambéSANWOGOU
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Derek Law , is it possible to display this result on the ArcGIS Online home page.

Best regards,

Anselme

0 Kudos
DerekLaw

Hi Anselme,

Apologies for the late reply. I've been out of the office on vacation.

> ... is it possible to display this result on the ArcGIS Online home page

Customizing the appearance of the ArcGIS Online home page is limited, but possible. Please take a look at

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos