Stacked Serial Chart

Jump to solution
03-06-2019 08:36 AM
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

I am trying to make a bar chart to show how much gravity main we inspected. I want to show it by Basin with the surveyed footage and shape footage stacked. I can't get both to show. I assume this is something simple but,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I am doing this on our Portal (10.6.1), not online. Could this be a problem? I also read that map vs feature services could be a problem. Would not see it here, but who knows.

Thanks in advance for any help.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Esri Contributor

Hi Larry,

Do you have a field selected for "Split by Field" in the Data tab of the Serial Chart configuration? The "Stacked" option in the Series tab was not available for me until I split by field.

Or are they not showing even with this? Are Shape Footage and Surveyed Footage separate fields?

Best,

Claire

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Highlighted
Esri Contributor

Hi Larry,

Do you have a field selected for "Split by Field" in the Data tab of the Serial Chart configuration? The "Stacked" option in the Series tab was not available for me until I split by field.

Or are they not showing even with this? Are Shape Footage and Surveyed Footage separate fields?

Best,

Claire

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

YAHTZEE!! We have a winner!!

Claire is the winner. Sorry lady the only prize you win is a very heartfelt "THANK YOU!!"

is there any documentation on this anywhere? What i have found is very vague and does not give much detail on how to build these things.

Highlighted
Esri Contributor

Hi Larry,

Sorry for the delay. I just saw the last part of your question. This is is a great list of resources from the Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS‌ team-  https://community.esri.com/community/gis/applications/operations-dashboard-for-arcgis/blog/2019/03/0....

I reference https://community.esri.com/community/gis/applications/operations-dashboard-for-arcgis/blog/2018/05/1...  and https://community.esri.com/community/gis/applications/operations-dashboard-for-arcgis/blog/2018/05/1... a lot in my troubleshooting. With Operations Dashboard, it is very important to be familiar with your data (Data Source, Field Type, etc.). 

Additionally, I find GeoNet to be a good resource for How To type questions if those existing resources don't answer your particular question! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor III

Hi all,

Any idea how to arrange the display order of a stacked bar chart? For example, I want to display Rising Main (Magenta) at the bottom and followed by other mains. I cannot find the way to arrange the display order. It seems like is based on alphabetical order. 

Highlighted
New Contributor II

This seems like a good thread to post this question. Has any one figured out how to do a stacked serial chart in Web App Builder using the dashboard theme? I feel like the dashboard theme is lacking a lot of the capabilities that Dashboard offers. On the other side Dashboard is lacking the ability to interact with data. Essentially, I want to be able to see the number of projects a project manager has by project type but also the ability to assign new projects in the same map. Pretty much looking to use a map as project management software. 

Anyone have ideas on how this can be done? 

0 Kudos