Dashboard not reading an Arcade expression

05-13-2021 07:47 AM
JoseBarrios1
Occasional Contributor III

Hello Everyone,

I have a problem that I am not sure if is a bug or a data problem. I created a web map that I am using in a dashboard. I created several Arcade expressions for the pop up on the webmap ( I try using classic and map viewer). The expressions work fine on the webmap pop up, however one of the expressions (string) is not showing up when I open the webmap on the dashboard site. The expression is a simple DomainName ($feature,"CCCODE"). I can see the rest of the other expressions on the dashboard except one.

Not sure what is the problem, any suggestions???

Thanks,

JB

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DavidPike
MVP Frequent Contributor

I don't believe custom popups created in a webmap are visible in a dashboard, thus requiring a data expression.  Are you completely sure the other custom popups are accessible, or instead that you just applied formatting to other existing fields?

0 Kudos
JoseBarrios1

Hi David,

Yes. I am using Arcade expression on the webmap and I can pull the values in a dashboard...see pic

dashboard.jpg

0 Kudos
DavidPike
MVP Frequent Contributor

What are the other Arcade expressions which do work?

I'm guessing they may just be formatting of existing field values rather than applying data functions to them?  Or I may be completely wrong.

0 Kudos
JoseBarrios1

Thanks for the follow up David. I used the expression to pull the values from the domain and the lat and long. The pop up was pulling the domain codes and not the value. I use those values to pre populate fields on Survey123 within a dashboard. I have 12 fields with domains and they ALL work on the webmap pop up. However the "Station" expression is the only one not showing up on the dashboard or experience builder.  Here are the expression I use:

dashboard2.jpg

0 Kudos