Select to view content in your preferred language

Cache issue with Chrome - widgets not updating

Jump to solution
03-09-2022 12:03 PM
PaulPetersen1
Frequent Contributor

I've been using Dashboards in 10.7.1 for a couple years with no problem. I generally use Chrome as my browser. I just upgraded to Portal 10.9.1 in a test environment and am setting up a new dashboard. I noticed that my widgets (namely a counter and a serial chart) were not updating after adding new features. Even if I close the browser and re-open.

I found that if I manually clear the cache in Chrome, then I can get it to refresh to the correct numbers...once. Then it goes back to being "stuck" until I clear the cache again.

Everything works fine in Edge...if I refresh the browser, the widgets update approprately without need of messing with the browser cache.

Any ideas? Is Chrome no longer supported in 10.9.1? Or is there some browser setting that I'm missing? Like I said, all of my dashboards work just fine in Chrome at 10.7.1.

11 Replies
PaulPetersen1
Frequent Contributor

Interesting, thanks for the tip. I will try using feature services with 10.9.1.

0 Kudos
BrianWilson3
Regular Contributor

Has any one checked to see if the Stale Query Patch  resolves this issue?  I'll be adding the patch this evening. Based on the description it looks to be similar though it doesn't specifically mention BUG-000146814.  https://support.esri.com/en/download/8028

0 Kudos