Operations Dashboard: Copy Charts and Graphs

04-23-2013 12:42 PM
MichelleCahal1
New Contributor II

I am putting demographic maps into Operational Dashboards for COG directors and EDC personnel.  They could really use a way to right-click and copy the charts and graphs (and map) out to paste in their documents and applications without using a screenshot with decreased resolution.  

3 Comments
JeffShaner

Hi Michele,

I realize this is a very old post, however I wanted to let you know that this functionality is being implemented as a Duplicate button in the web-centric Operations Dashboard that is releasing in December.

Thanks

Jeff

Nicole_Ueberschär

I am just stumbling over this idea. 

Jeff Shaner‌, I think what Michelle Cahal w‌as asking for was not to duplicate a chart (which is also helpful) but to be able to easily download the chart as a picture to include it into reports etc. 

In Edge this is implemented now as "Save picture as" which allows to download the chart as svg, png or bmp. Unfortunately, if the labels are cut off in the display they will also be cut off in the downloaded png file. As svg the labels will also be incomplete. This seems to be a browser feature though, not a feature of the Dashboard. 

patrickb
Status changed to: Closed

Closing due to inactivity. The title is a bit misleading. The request appears to be is for some sort export-to-image capability on dashboard charts/elements, and there are other (more popular) ideas in the community for that. Example