Add reporting and ability to export to CSV

12-28-2017 11:10 AM
JoshHabel
Occasional Contributor II

I recently created my first operations dashboard for use with Survey123 and was a bit disappointed to find i couldn't create reports or export any data.  It would be super helpful for if you could create custom reports and export your filter selections in dashboard to a csv file.

88 Comments
KevinMWright13

This would be a huge help to me.  I alternate between Web App Builder and Operations Dashboard (which I hope someday become one product with the best from each) and am a big fan of both.  The primary reason I use Operations Dashboard is because of the "Actions".   But without the ability to Export or even Print, I usually am not able to take the app to a production state.

Any update on if this is going to be added anytime soon?

Thanks so much and keep up the awesome work!

Lake_Worth_BeachAdmin

this would be greatly advantageous for users to generate reports via ops. dashboard with filters applied.... one stop shop

NidaJackson1

Hoping that this functionality will be added in Operations Dashboard. It would be great if the end users can export to csv. 

DeniseMoore2

I love the export to csv function in web app builder. It helps my clients self-serve (find the answers they need on current activity in the field), but they are not gis technical and the learning curve is steep. Therefore, app loses the interest and I end up doing the work. Because the operations dashboard is easy to use, beautiful, and highly customizable with quick reporting, the interest in using it is much higher than the web app builder. However, the operations dashboard is completely useless without the export to csv function. And the web app builder is useless without the ease-of-use like the operations dashboard. Please add an export function to the available widgets. 

MikeCooperstein

I agree. It would be great directly in the dashboard.

MegHoole

We'd like to see this functionality in Dashboard.  We need a way to export data to csv responsive to users actions (i.e. select a slice in a pie chart... export results to csv)

DevonaHay

This would provide more value added service to a great product.

Dannyvan_Kempen

Esri,

Is there any progress going on with the export ability? I can't believe there isn't still any solution available.

StephanieHickel

Esri,

I heard that export functionality is on the long term Operations Dashboard enhancement requirements list. When can AGO users expect this functionality to go live? It would be very helpful if users viewing Operations Dashboard had the ability to export an entire dataset to a .gdb, .csv, or .kml. It would be useful if the export data function would change in response to users' actions (ex. if a filter is applied to a map or chart). There should also be a print/save as PDF option available for all charts and the active map frame. The quick reporting of Operations Dashboard and user's ability to interact with the map's "actions" makes Operations Dashboard more appealing and interactive than the Web App Builder. Data sharing, however, is severely hindered without export functionality and a print button. I hope to see this functionality added soon as I know of multiple organizations that would benefit and prefer to use Operations Dashboard for interactive mapping and reporting over the Web App Builder with other charting options (ex. Highcharts) for the export functionality. 

deleted-user-8TVt6oc0ewsX

I would be happy just to export the current FILTERed data to CSV.  Similar to what you can do in Web Appbuilder where you can view a data grid and "Export All to CSV".  I would be looking for a single button "Export To CSV using Currently Applied Filters" (e.g. if someone clicked on some Bars in a bar chart, or records in a List, etc.s).