Untrusted host error message - Android Collector for ArcGIS

07-02-2020 01:07 AM
SteveTaylor6
Occasional Contributor

Some of our Rangers are getting an untrusted host error message (see attached). And if you select trust it just throws up the error message again.  You can flick the app out and on most occasions it opens again and works fine.

Running Android 10 with latest updates on a Samsung S20+ and latest Collector for ArcGIS 20.2.1 Build 2956.

Any ideas what is going on?

43 Replies
MattHeineman
Occasional Contributor

Like many of you, I too have many field crews using Android devices getting this error related to the World Topo basemap. I get asked nearly every day when a fix is coming. I don't think my crews realize this is not a problem I can fix, it's on ESRI to resolve.

After reading this has been ongoing since September, I will also submit a help ticket.

SteveTaylor6
Occasional Contributor

A related issue when the untrusted error happens: some staff also get logged out of ArcGIS Collector app.  This is what happened when the same untrusted host bug was an issue on Apple devices - fixed ages ago by ESRI. Maybe mention that too because the developers must know about the issue by now - you would hope...

Allan BendallMiaogeng ZhangColin Lawrence‌ 

0 Kudos
MiaogengZhang
Esri Regular Contributor
Have you tried to install ArcGIS Online certificate to see if it can be a workaround? 
Here's the workflow:
  • In your web browser, login to ArcGIS Online.
  • Once you are logged in, click on the small lock icon next to the URL and click Certificate.
  • When the certificate window opens, click the Details tab and click Copy to File...
  • Click Next through the prompts and save the certificate file somewhere on your machine.
  • Send this file to yourself via email so that you can download it on
  • to your mobile device(s).
  • Open the file from your mobile device and install the certificate.
0 Kudos
SteveTaylor6
Occasional Contributor

Unfortunately does not work because Android 10 does not permit the installation.  This needs to be fixed within the app.  Pretty sure it is related to ArcGIS Collector app logging users out intermittently.

This was also an issue when ArcGIS Collector app was first launched for Apple devices - and it was fixed in an update. A fair while ago now.

0 Kudos
SteveTaylor6
Occasional Contributor

Android ArcGIS Collector app had an update today to version 20.2.2 Build 2960.  Hopefully this will resolve the untrusted host issue and the other problem of intermittent logging out. Allan BendallBrett HowlandMiaogeng Zhang

0 Kudos
Ian_BergSonne
New Contributor

We have just tested the new version, but it did not solve the issue, here in the Danish EPA, the same case Lars Engelsby Mosbech referring to.

0 Kudos
KyleMcCormick
New Contributor

We are getting the same error with ArcGIS Field Maps on Android.

Pixel 4a running Android 11.

0 Kudos
ColinLawrence
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @KyleMcCormick , All,

Thank you for reporting this. Is anyone else also having issues in Field Maps? Please reach out to Support if you have not already so we can gauge how widespread this issue is. So far we have not been able to reproduce it. 

Regards,

Colin

Regards,
Colin
0 Kudos
BethanyCrenshaw1
New Contributor III

Hi ColinLawerence,

Fyi, I just got the error message in Field Maps in Android 10, on a Samsung Galaxy S5 in an online map.  Untrusted Host ....World_Topo_Map/MapServer .  It happened after setting the tablet down for several minutes and then picking it up again.  I had the same issue in Collector on a different Android tablet.  I will contact esri Support.

0 Kudos
ColinLawrence
Esri Regular Contributor

Thank you for reporting that and providing the details. We will be coordinating with Support. 

Regards,
Colin
0 Kudos