related tables and portal

Jump to solution
10-20-2015 06:17 AM
Christophe_Cannard
New Contributor II

Hi,

I want  to use Collector for ArcGIS in offline mode with related tables and connected to Portal for ArcGIS. But, do I really need to prepare data with global ID and versionning ?

Is it possible to use Portal for ArcGIS with ArcGIS Data Store or managed database by the server (like this I don't have to manage versioning) to store features services ? And have I related tables yet?

I haven't see any documentations about related tables with feature services stored on Portal for ArcGIS.

Thank's

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
GordonSumerling
Esri Contributor

Christophe,

The following help page Prepare data for offline use

states that if you do not want versioned data in your Enterprise Gedatabase then you do need to prepare nonversioned data as follows to participate in sync functionality:

• Enable archiving on the datasets.
  • Include Global IDs on the datasets.
  • Relationship classes and attachments must use a Global ID primary key.

This page is very useful as it describes both the version and non-versioned workflows and the role of the Global IDs

regards

Gordon

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

You can use data that is not versioned. You will need to have globalids set on your feature class if you want to take it offline. Your related tables can have 1 to 1 or a 1 to Many relationships that leverage GlobalID and GUID fields or it can use a user maintained PK to FK setup. You can use related data in Collector when authored in a web map from a 10.3.1 Portal.

0 Kudos
AhjungKim4
Occasional Contributor II

Russell Roberts​ Hi Russell, do tables have to have GlobalIDs to take them offline?

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Yes your tables will also need to have globalids to go offline.

0 Kudos
Christophe_Cannard
New Contributor II

Yes I can, but with which configuration ?

Because documentation says :

"

@

Yes.  Starting with  Collector for ArcGIS  10.3 the following editing scenarios for related features and tables are supported:

1. Feature-to-table relationships (one-to-one and one-to-many)
  2. Feature-to-feature relationships (one-to-one and one-to-many)
  3. Table-to-table relationships (when the first table is accessed through a feature)

Related data is supported when  using ArcGIS Online hosted feature layers or versioned data from  ArcGIS 10.3 for Server or later. In a future release of ArcGIS for Server support will be added for archive-enabled data. When using related data, it is strongly recommended that you use GlobalIDs when defining relationships. User-maintained relationships are not recommended.

"

So if I use ArcGIS server with Portal for ArcGIS (for referencing my feature services), data must be versioned, isn't it ? Or it's not an obligation ?

And if I use ArcGIS server with Portal for ArcGIS (to host my feature services) and ArcGIS Data Store (to manage my database with my server), how must be data ? Versioned or not ?

With the documentation that I have, I could say if I don't want versioned data I need to use ArcGIS Online, but I want to use Portal for ArcGIS.

FAQ—Collector for ArcGIS | ArcGIS

Thank's

0 Kudos
MiaogengZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

Christophe

You don't need versioned data to support related table.

-Miaogeng

0 Kudos
Christophe_Cannard
New Contributor II

Miaogeng,

Do you have any offcial source about what you have said in your previous post ? Because my manager needs an official documentation to decide on the architecture to choose.

Thank's

Christophe Cannard

0 Kudos
MiaogengZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

You can contact Esri Support to create an enhancement request about the FAQ doc and get official answer. Or you can just give a quick try.

0 Kudos
GordonSumerling
Esri Contributor

Christophe,

The following help page Prepare data for offline use

states that if you do not want versioned data in your Enterprise Gedatabase then you do need to prepare nonversioned data as follows to participate in sync functionality:

• Enable archiving on the datasets.
  • Include Global IDs on the datasets.
  • Relationship classes and attachments must use a Global ID primary key.

This page is very useful as it describes both the version and non-versioned workflows and the role of the Global IDs

regards

Gordon

0 Kudos
PeterZanetti
New Contributor II

I prepared my data for offline use adding global ID's and enabling archiving, but when I try to view related datain ArcGIS Collector for Android 10.3.4 I got an error: The information can not be retrieved. Check your connection!

I can add a new related record but when I try to view them, boom! The same error

Is this a bug of the new Android version? On the iOS version there are no problems!

Regards

Peter

0 Kudos