Offline works in ios but not android

04-22-2014 04:59 PM
CharlesDawley
Occasional Contributor
I have a collector map that works fine in online/offline mode on my iphone.

When I try and use the offline mode on my android tablet the features do not appear.
But when I use the map in online mode the map works as expected.
Tags (2)
75 Replies
RichEmerson
New Contributor III
I'm trying to recover some data from collector that will not sync from android. The code provided above runs on some of my .geodatabase files but not on others. I get this 99999 error - Error executing function. A row with this OID already exists. Failed to execute (ImportXMLWorkspaceDocument).

Any ideas?
0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor
The script currently is only supporting created features. Features that have been edited will appear in a list for each edit and the script will not handle the duplicate features. How large of sync are you trying to do?

Thanks
Russ
0 Kudos
MeganPerry1
New Contributor III
Did anyone have any luck with my database?  We have a deadline coming up and I need to get the data we collected. 

Thanks,
Megan
0 Kudos
RichEmerson
New Contributor III
The database that isn't coming in has 4 new points.

The database that worked had 39 features to sync, lines and points. I ended up with a database with 4 features
T_1_inserts (line)
T_1_updates (line)
T_2_inserts (point)
T_3_inserts (point)
and one table T_1_deletes

Some lines were edited from existing linework and some were added in collector. All of the points were added in collector.
0 Kudos
JonWalker
New Contributor
Is the above script intended to work for collected features with attachments?  If so, have others been able to successfully recover their photos?   I'm receiving the error below for the export XML line of code.  Any help would be appreciated - Thanks

ExecuteError: ERROR 999999: Error executing function.
Failed to execute (ExportXMLWorkspaceDocument)
0 Kudos
JonWalker
New Contributor
Is the above script intended to work for collected features with attachments?  If so, have others been able to successfully recover their photos?   I'm receiving the error below for the export XML line of code.  Any help would be appreciated - Thanks

ExecuteError: ERROR 999999: Error executing function.
Failed to execute (ExportXMLWorkspaceDocument)

Update to the above... while the script broke for me, I was successful when running the XML tools manually within ArcMap.
0 Kudos
MeganPerry1
New Contributor III
The database that isn't coming in has 4 new points.

The database that worked had 39 features to sync, lines and points. I ended up with a database with 4 features
T_1_inserts (line)
T_1_updates (line)
T_2_inserts (point)
T_3_inserts (point)
and one table T_1_deletes

Some lines were edited from existing linework and some were added in collector. All of the points were added in collector.

What code was used to extract the database?
Thanks
Megan
0 Kudos
GIS-Cambria
Occasional Contributor II
Thanks to this forum we've been able to capture data that I feared was lost. I hope this problem gets resolved but in the meantime RussRoberts and JGun had posted code that worked for us. So, we took that code and tweaked it a little to work from a toolbox and model/task. If you unzip the attached file you should be able to open the toolbox and run the model/task. There are 3 variables; input, output, and temp location. You might have to right click on the script and set the source, but it should be set to read from relative paths and not give an error.
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can this be done with an IPad? We are experiencing an issue with syncing some data from an offline data collection effort.

We had an employee download a test site, then deleted about 13 features, created 2 new ones and now we are receiving an error that states

[SYNC ERROR]

A error occurred while synchronizing edits.

Unable to synchronize replica.

The specified attachments could not be edited or does not exist.

Is this because of the deletion of features from the synced data?

0 Kudos
DavinShokes1
Occasional Contributor II

Steve Kocsis, thanks for providing this tool! My hosted service has begun hanging at 1% during sync on a Samsung Tab 3. Oddly, there is no sync errors that I've seen before.

The tool is real simple to use. Just created an empty file gdb and pointed to the <ReplicaID>.geodatabase (not the "client_delta_<Unixtimestamp>.geodatabase").

Hopefully they fix this soon. Until then, this worked for me when running ImportXMLWorkspaceDocument alone did not work.

0 Kudos