Map is no longer available in Collector

07-15-2019 12:22 PM
MicheleKading
New Contributor

I am trying to learn how to use Collector. I managed to get a Web map working in Collector with a single data layer but as I tried to add new layers, the map suddenly disappeared from Collector with words saying it was no longer available. I have tried to refresh, re-save, and re-share countless times to no avail.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
LanceCole
MVP Regular Contributor

Michele 

Do you have an editable layer in the web map are trying to use in Collector? For maps to be available to Collector at least one layer must be editable.  

0 Kudos
MicheleKading
New Contributor

I think so. When I am in AGOL on my laptop (Map Viewer), the map in question displays the edit function.

0 Kudos
LanceCole
MVP Regular Contributor

Michele, 

Try adding the Map to a group that the account you use to logon to Collector is a member.  Make sure the Map is shared with this group.

This is a common issue.  Normally it is there is not an editable layer or the map needs to be opened and resaved.  There is a locked thread pertaining to this at AGOL maps not showing in Collector App.

A third option try creating a new map, add an editable feature service to the map, save making sure it is in your "My Maps" or a group you have access.

MicheleKading
New Contributor

Thanks Lance. The issue was resolved and my experiment into the on-line mapping world worked very well for awhile but today when I went on the site for the first time in about a month, all of my content and maps had disappeared like they did not exist. Is there a time or space limit on the use of ArcGIS On-line? Is there any way to retrieve the content that disappeared or would I have to re-create the content and maps from scratch?

0 Kudos
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Michele,

> ... but today when I went on the site for the first time in about a month, all of my content and maps had disappeared like they did not exist. Is there a time or space limit on the use of ArcGIS Online?

Did you have a free ArcGIS Online trial account? They are only valid for 21 days.

> Is there any way to retrieve the content that disappeared or would I have to re-create the content and maps from scratch?

You could try calling esri customer service to try and recover your data.

Esri Contact Us 

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos