AGOL maps not showing in Collector App

10-11-2013 01:29 PM
KenMcDonald
New Contributor II
Okay, so I have spent the last few days trying to figure out why the Collector App, will not load any of the maps that are stored in
AGOL. I have confirmed that all the files are created correctly as per every piece of documentation posted on the entire internet.

Therefore I have come the conclusion that the App is buggy in some form. YES, I'm using a Point only, editable feature service and
they all worked a few months back when I first tested the Collector App.

There are a few posts on this forum that refer to my conclusion because they have resorted to either re installing the App,
changing account passwords and/or changing ownership to the feature service.

I also administer another AGOL account in which they are using the Collector App without a problem. Nothing has been added, changed or manipulated for at least 5 months. I created the editable point feature services the same way I do currently. In other words, I have not done anything to this particular account, and the Collector App works fine.

So...I now ask, is it possible that someone can give me a step by step fix for the real issue or even a conformation of the issue and
a fix is in the works?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Ken McDonald
Tags (2)
30 Replies
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor
Can you resave the maps and see if they are loaded in the app?

Thanks
Russ
0 Kudos
KenMcDonald
New Contributor II
Can you resave the maps and see if they are loaded in the app?

Thanks
Russ

Hi Russ, thanks for checking in. Yes I have tried re-saving and totally recreating the some maps from scratch. None of them will show. I also followed, step by step, a walk through from the Resource Center, called Community Art and it would not show.

Ken McDonald
0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor
Can you share one of the maps that are not displaying in your org?

Thanks
Russ
0 Kudos
KenMcDonald
New Contributor II
Can you share one of the maps that are not displaying in your org?

Thanks
Russ

Hi Russ, Yes I can share a couple of them for you to view. Do you want me to make them public? You can email me at kmcdonald@nssurveys.com and let me know what you need.

Thanks for your help!

Ken McDonald
0 Kudos
ChrisBruce
New Contributor III
I'm also interested in hearing about any potential solutions because I seem to be having the same problem. Though in my case I'm just trying to get started with Collector. I published a feature service, created a web map in AGOL, made it editable and shared it with my organization but yet when I open Collector I get a message that says "You don't have any maps for use with Collector." Thanks for any insight.

Also, Ken would you mind posting the link to the Community Art walk through you mentioned? I just tried searching and couldn't find it but maybe it would be helpful for me since I'm just getting started.
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor
Are you using the iOS or Android version of the app? Can you invite mobile_org into a group with the map you are seeing the issue with and I can see if it has all of the Collector properties?

Thanks
Russ
0 Kudos
KenMcDonald
New Contributor II
I'm also interested in hearing about any potential solutions because I seem to be having the same problem. Though in my case I'm just trying to get started with Collector. I published a feature service, created a web map in AGOL, made it editable and shared it with my organization but yet when I open Collector I get a message that says "You don't have any maps for use with Collector." Thanks for any insight.

Also, Ken would you mind posting the link to the Community Art walk through you mentioned? I just tried searching and couldn't find it but maybe it would be helpful for me since I'm just getting started.

Here is the link your requesting that I used: http://www.esri.com/esri-news/arcuser/summer-2013/create-your-own-collector-map

Yes, I was able to get my problem solved with the help of Russ Roberts from the Forum. Basically, while using explorer.arcgis.com to build and save my maps, it was not creating a flag for the Collector app to pick it up. So I had to reopen each of my maps in the arcgis.com program instead and re-save it. I did not have to touch the "Editable point feature classes". Polylines and Polygons now also work with the latest update. I hope this helps your situation.

Ken McDonald
ChrisBruce
New Contributor III
Thanks Russ and Ken. I'm not even sure what I did but I have it working now. Initially I hadn't made the map editable and at first when I corrected that it wasn't showing up in Collector but now it is. Maybe it just took a little while to update.
0 Kudos
YasserNooralden
New Contributor
Thanks all,

i have the same problem in the collector app, i am using the trail version, is this cause the problem that always i'm getting the message "you don't have any map for use with the collector"?

your help is highly appreciated!!
0 Kudos