It would be good if we could "protect" offline base maps (tpks) to stop users deleting them.

Jump to solution
08-03-2014 11:40 PM
PeterTimmers
Occasional Contributor III

I've found a few times when the users have deleted the 90GB tpk I've uploaded onto the iPads.

Are we going to gain a way to protect them in a future version?

We're about to roll out to a bunch of fire-fighters and they have a habit trying out everything...

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

We do show different options so if the downloaded map is going to be deleted there are options to delete features only or features and basemap. We also block deleting any basemaps that are being used by another map or if the basemap is being used by another account. Thank you for the enhancement suggestion and this is something I will discuss with the team.

Cheers

Russ

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

How do you have a 90GB file on your iPad?  Did you mean MB?  In any case, if there is room, could you potentially put the same file on the iPad as a backup in a more hidden folder?  I know it isn't the exact result that you would like but it could save some downtime.

~Adrian

0 Kudos
PeterTimmers
Occasional Contributor III

90 gigabyte. 128GB iPad. The performance is surprisingly very good. It draws as fast as you pan.

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

We do show different options so if the downloaded map is going to be deleted there are options to delete features only or features and basemap. We also block deleting any basemaps that are being used by another map or if the basemap is being used by another account. Thank you for the enhancement suggestion and this is something I will discuss with the team.

Cheers

Russ

0 Kudos