How do you display the drop down menus in Collector mobile app?

08-11-2018 06:37 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

How do I display drop down menus in Collector mobile app? I published my service using ArcGIS desktop and added a GBD with domains, subtypes and coded values. Is there something that I have to click on to enable the drop down? When I go into my project on the mobile app and try to add a new point, the drop downs do not show. 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Lake_Worth_BeachAdmin
Occasional Contributor III

click a feature and begin an edit, tap a field with domains enabled and the dropdown will appear. no further settings need to be enabled.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you Joe. I did click on a field with domains but there was no drop down. How do I enable domains? Was I supposed to do something in ArcGIS desktop after I created all the domains, subtypes or coded values?

0 Kudos
Lake_Worth_BeachAdmin
Occasional Contributor III

do the drop downs appear in the desktop environment?

You need to assign a domain to a field in the table properties within Catalog.

If they appear in ArcMap/PRO then they will appear in Collector.

the link below will walk you through the process.

Assign Domain To Field—Data Management toolbox | ArcGIS Desktop 

MarkBockenhauer
Esri Regular Contributor

The first part of this UC Demo Theater video shows how to setup a simple feature class for Collector in ArcCatalog and may be helpful.   Video Link : 1415 

Also, using ArcGIS online you can view your feature layer content and add fields and create lists.  An easy way to create a attribute pick list for Collector.

Sign into your Organization.  View your Content and Click the Feature Layer that you will be working with in Collector.

If your field already has a domain, you can edit it.

Or if you added a new field, you can create a list.

Mark