Foreign key in related table not automatically populating in Collector (?)

04-15-2016 10:49 AM
HaileyMonod
New Contributor III

I have recently run into the issue of the foreign key not automatically populating in the related table, when creating a new record with collector. It appears to work when editing in ArcMap on my desktop, however it’s not working on the collector app. I am using a Global ID in the original feature class and a corresponding GUID field in the related table to ensure the 1:M relationship. 

I am using ArcGIS Collector v 10.3.9 on iOS and publishing services with ArcGIS server (v 10.03)  on amazon EC2, then configuring web maps with ArcGIS online.

Please let me know if you can help or have any advice on how to resolve this issue.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
6 Replies
VickyS
by
Occasional Contributor

Yes, I have this exact same problem. I have logged it as a support call with ESRI UK.  This set up used to work but has recently stopped.

My work around was to redesign the database and set up 1:1 relationships. From what I worked out it is something to do with the having more than one 1:M relationship to the same table (same destination table).

Collector app has stopped populating the foreign key field when adding a related record offline. - No one has answered it though!

0 Kudos
HaileyMonod
New Contributor III

Thanks for sharing Vicky. I have also started a support case with ESRI Canada.

Unfortunately, I need the 1:M relationship for this project. So hopefully something can be worked out. Please let me know if you find a solution.

0 Kudos
VickyS
by
Occasional Contributor

I have got this sort of set up working

Bench to BenchIssues (1:M)

Sign to SignIssues (1:M)

But it does not work if you just have 1 issues table. e.g

Sign to Issues 1:M

Bench to Issues 1:M

It used to work but we have had to redesign the database at the last minute and create separate issues tables for each feature class. I will let you know if I hear back from ESRI UK.

0 Kudos
HaileyMonod
New Contributor III

HHhhmm its odd, as I only have Hydrants to HydrantInspectionsTable (1:M) and its not populating the FK in the table, when creating a new record using collector.

0 Kudos
CallumSmith
New Contributor III

I have just come across this issue as well. Collector with Portal and ArcGIS Server 10.3.1.

My schema is (all GlobalIDs/Guids)

MudPits(fc) 1:M CleaningEvents(table) 1:M Attachments(table)

Works fine in desktop but not in collector. Has anyone figured out a solution for this??

0 Kudos
JohnDeLoretta3
New Contributor III

We ran into this issue today, and discovered that the Foreign Key and GlobalID fields were turned off in our related tables in the MXD we use for publishing our services.  Turning those fields back on and republishing the services fixed it for us.