Update Failed - Geometry could not be set

Jump to solution
06-12-2015 01:10 PM
RobbHodges
Occasional Contributor III

I am trying to update 2 fields in a manhole feature class, which is part of a geometric network. I am able to start an editing session in Collector, change the values of those 2 fields, but when I go to submit, I get

Update Failed

Unable to complete operation

geometry could not be set

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MarianneFarretta
Esri Contributor

Hi Robb!  Take a look at this documentation, it may apply to your situation: Author feature services—Documentation (10.3 and 10.3.1) | ArcGIS for Server

"If you allow edits on the feature service and the feature service contains feature classes that participate in a geometric network, the feature class data must be in the same projection and coordinate reference system used by the editing client application. "

View solution in original post

2 Replies
MarianneFarretta
Esri Contributor

Hi Robb!  Take a look at this documentation, it may apply to your situation: Author feature services—Documentation (10.3 and 10.3.1) | ArcGIS for Server

"If you allow edits on the feature service and the feature service contains feature classes that participate in a geometric network, the feature class data must be in the same projection and coordinate reference system used by the editing client application. "

charbelhawchab
New Contributor

Hello @MarianneFarretta , 

I am receiving on my field map phone app the same message : Unable to complete operation. Geometry could not be set.

What should i do?

The terms  "projection and coordinate reference system used by the editing client application. " means settings on the phone where the app is used?

0 Kudos