Select to view content in your preferred language

Collector shuts down on ipad ios 10.3 when I submit a location. has to be restarted.

03-11-2015 09:21 AM
JeffersonJacobs
Deactivated User

When I collect a point and hit submit, it saves it to the device, but then closes collector.  I have to re-open collector and re-open the map to collect each new point.

any suggestions?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
43 Replies
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

@ Jefferson, I could not reproduce your issue. I created a version of the map with the service and I shared it back with the group you created and I did not see any issues with the map offline and submitting and editing features.

0 Kudos
JeffersonJacobs
Deactivated User

Great! I will try it again and see if I can reproduce it.

Thanks!

Jefferson

0 Kudos
JeffersonJacobs
Deactivated User

HI Russell,

I tried some various things, and it seems to not shut down when I take a

point when I am connected with wifi, but once I download the map to ipad,

and then collect a point it shuts down once I submit (even if I am still

connected to wifi.) When you tried to replicate the issue, did you

download the map to the device and then take a test point/submit? Is this

the same issue that Rick Chub was having?

I have tested this with all four of our ipads and it happens with all four

now.

Thanks,

Jefferson

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Yup i tried this on my iPad mini in connected and disconnected mode and I can collect points and submit them without any crashes.

0 Kudos
JeffersonJacobs
Deactivated User

Hi Russell,

On further examination I see that when I use a tiled map package is when it

crashes. The test map you used doesn't have any tiled layers: additional

test maps that I have made without tiled layers also do not crash when data

is saved offline. Would you mind trying it again with a tiled package? I

will keep testing here with various iterations of tiles.

Jefferson

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

What projection is your tiled layer in? If its possible for you to share that tpk to the group I can download the tpk and try to reproduce it there. If you do upload that tpk to share it to the group make sure you do not enable generate tiles and create a hosted tiled service with the tpk.

0 Kudos
DougMcCabe1
Deactivated User

Hello, I am having the same problem, I created a tile package for an offline map and used itunes to side load it in. When I am online there are no problems but if I go offline and try to save a new feature Collector will save the feature to the device, then close. I have tested the same map and tile package on an android device, there were no problems saving features offline, collector stayed open.  Is there something wrong with my tile package or is this an iOS issue?

0 Kudos
DougMcCabe1
Deactivated User

I think I have a solution at least for my project. The feature layers in my map were using Maryland state plane projection and the tile package was web Mercator. I changed the feature layers to a Web Mercator projection and the map works offline now, no more closing when I save a point.

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

I tried this one out with a WGS 84 BM sideloaded, along with feature layers in WGS 84 and in Maryland SP on top of the Web Merc, WGS 84 basemaps and I couldn't reproduce any crashes when I would submit a feature.

If you can share me the maps that are crashing for you I can check them out.

Russ

0 Kudos
AnthonyMaslowicz1
New Contributor

I'm having the same issue here in Arizona. Data is being collected just fine on v.10.2.7  & we are having shutdown issues with 10.3 (same maps). We are using I-Pads in a disconnected environment.