Collector shuts down on ipad ios 10.3 when I submit a location. has to be restarted.

03-11-2015 09:21 AM
JeffersonJacobs
New Contributor

When I collect a point and hit submit, it saves it to the device, but then closes collector.  I have to re-open collector and re-open the map to collect each new point.

any suggestions?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
43 Replies
MiaogengZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

If you add your own cached map service from "Search for Layers", tap on item title instead of "Add", you will see option "use as basemap". If you add layer from the web, there is a checkbox "Use as basemap". If you really need both Esri basemap and your own cached map, you can cook .tpk from your own cache map service and sideload to your device. You webmap will only have Esri basemap and feature service. But you can switch between offline Esri basemap and your own .tpk basemap.

0 Kudos
danbecker
Occasional Contributor III

thanks for the basemap insight.

confirmed, cached map service AND feature service in offline mode on collector works fine; i.e. no esri basemap.

0 Kudos
MiaogengZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

Glad to hear. At least you have a workaround for now.

0 Kudos
NilsBabel
Occasional Contributor II

I'm having the same issue here.  Is there a way to roll back the latest version on iPad until a fix comes out?  My maps were working fine before the latest update.

0 Kudos
MiaogengZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

I don't think you can roll back to previous version. Could you use your own cache map service as basemap only?

0 Kudos
NilsBabel

I am using an esri basemap and feature service.  I'll have to see if I can get around the basemap.  For now I did rollback my collector version.  It's a little tricky and I don't know if all of my field crew will be able to do it.  However, if you haven't synced with iTunes yet since the 10.3 update you can remove collector from iPad and then sync it with iTunes.  iTunes will install the old one back onto the iPad.

0 Kudos
MiaogengZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

If you run into crash with only Esri basemap and feature service, the issue might be different. Could you provide more details about your issue?

0 Kudos
NilsBabel

My map has an Esri basemap, a feature service, and the Esri USA Topo Maps added as a layer.  So the bug is with the Esri USA Topo Maps layer?

0 Kudos
MiaogengZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

It is the combination of Map layer and Esri basemap. If you remove Esri USA Topo Maps layer, it will work. Or if you use  Esri USA Topo Maps layer as a basemap and replace Esri basemap, it will work as well.

MiaogengZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

This issue will be fixed in next Collector update. Our target release is in late May.

0 Kudos