Cannot Create Points in Collector

09-11-2019 01:46 PM
RickeyFight
MVP Regular Contributor

For some reason I cannot create points in collector.  I can create points for the same layer on desktop and AGOL/Portal. 

I have publish a few layers from a mxd on my server. I can edit existing points but I cannot create any. 

I can create polygon features that are in the same service. 

I do not think it is a permissions issue because I can create points on a different layer from the same feature dataset but published in a different service. 

I do have related records but I do not think that this is the issue. 

0 Kudos
13 Replies
LarryMasters
Occasional Contributor

Having a similar problem. Using new Collector App, I can shoot a new point or update an existing point but the app will not let me submit the results. It works in Classic just not the new app. It is very frustrating, I want to use new app because it is more streamlined and efficient (less buttons to connect to GPS unit and do field work in) but if it will not work I can't use it.

0 Kudos
LarryMasters
Occasional Contributor

Update. Still having same problem and it has been in ESRI tech support since April 2020. Now having other problems with Collector and Classic. I thought is was frustrating before, now thinking about other non-ESRI solutions to handle this. Maybe FieldMaps will work when available, but the world keeps turning and I need a solution. Collector#

0 Kudos
CortWilson
Occasional Contributor

I have the same problem.  Everything works in Classic, but not in the new Collector.  I can perform all the operations within Collector, but the "Submit" button remains greyed out and will not allow me to submit any changes.  I am using Portal 10.5.1  Services are published from Server 10.5;  Services are secured with the credentials stored within the Portal; I have not modified the symbology that was configured within the MXD used to publish the service.

0 Kudos
DougMorgenthaler
Esri Regular Contributor

Larry Masters‌ do you happen to have z-values enabled on the layer that you're having difficulties with? Can you collect or update a point manually in Collector by sliding the map (not use the GPS)?

0 Kudos
LarryMasters
Occasional Contributor

Doug,

I do have z enabled on a few of the ones (feature services and web maps) that will not allow me to submit. However, I can submit on one. All were created the same way.

I can submit a point if i change the provider from my gps unit to the integrated receiver on my iPad.

0 Kudos
MarietteHachey-Boudreau
New Contributor II

I am having the same issue. I cannot collect data using the new or classic collector. It says submitted and then dissapears. Brand new GPS and i cant get it working. Tough day.

0 Kudos
MarietteHachey-Boudreau
New Contributor II

I figured it out for myself. I had to remove all definition queries on all layers. Then uploaded the map again onto arcgis online and now i can edit correctly.

0 Kudos
LarryMasters
Occasional Contributor

Glad you got it to work. I can collect/submit points as long as I use the default symbology. However, if I change size, color, shape, anything with it, NO JOY!

Can use same feature service in Classic and it works just fine. It works everywhere but Collector.

ESRI support has had this since April and no word on what it is. Very frustrating.

CortWilson
Occasional Contributor

On the feature service you are having issues with, were you using symbology based on unique values? That is where the issue lies with me. If I set the symbology to single symbol it works fine.  I've replicated the issue on other features as well. I'm working with a tier 1 support analyst now, and I'm sure it will be found to be and logged as a bug; who knows how long before they get it fixed though....

FYI Doug Morgenthaler‌ Case #02592331

0 Kudos