Select to view content in your preferred language

Cannot Create Points in Collector

09-11-2019 01:46 PM
RickeyFight
MVP Regular Contributor

For some reason I cannot create points in collector.  I can create points for the same layer on desktop and AGOL/Portal. 

I have publish a few layers from a mxd on my server. I can edit existing points but I cannot create any. 

I can create polygon features that are in the same service. 

I do not think it is a permissions issue because I can create points on a different layer from the same feature dataset but published in a different service. 

I do have related records but I do not think that this is the issue. 

0 Kudos
13 Replies
LarryMasters
Occasional Contributor

So still radio silence from ESRI on this. I get the "we are looking into it" email but nothing else. Here is where I am now. Made two simple point features. One has some more fields than the other but nothing major. Can shoot and submit both points if i do not change any symbology at all (per before, nothing different). This time I changed the symbology in my web map ( i have to have to do this, basic symbology is no good for me). I can shoot and submit fine. However, the Collector app is showing the wrong symbology.  The shots should be yellow as that is the GPS unit I am using. In collector they are red, like that have not been shot.  See Pics.  The top one is the web map and is correct. The bottom is Collector and wrong.

0 Kudos
CortWilson
Occasional Contributor

Interesting... looks like your symbology is based on one of the ESRI GNSS metadata fields? I wonder if that has anything to do with it. My symbology is also based on one of those GNSS metadata fields, but I am using the “Fix Type” field...

Sent from my iPhone

Cort Wilson

GIS/Asset Program Lead

(360) 848-4443

wilson@skagitpud.org

www.SkagitPUD.org

1415 Freeway Drive

P.O. Box 1436

Mount Vernon, WA 98273

This message is intended exclusively for the individual or entity to which it is addressed. This communication may contain information that is proprietary, privileged or confidential or otherwise legally exempt from disclosure. If you are not the named addressee, you are not authorized to read, print, retain, copy or disseminate this message or any part of it. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail and delete all copies of the message.

0 Kudos
BertKraan1
Occasional Contributor III

I just used 'receiver name', also a gnss metadatafield to base the symbology on, empty is red, not empty green, to give our field workers a hint as to where they already were. metadatafields were just added using the arcgis pro ' add gps metadatafields'  tool so still empty.

This works at the moment but I have had similar problems earlier this year.

Did you hear anything new about the bug?

Regards,

bert 

0 Kudos
CortWilson
Occasional Contributor

I worked with ESRI support and they created a bug to document the issue and get it in queue for their product plant.

BUG-000132548: Submitting records fails when a feature service is symbolized with unique values in Collector for ArcGIS
Workaround: Symbolize using unique values in Portal instead of Pro 2.5