Select to view content in your preferred language

Creating specific sized lots from input shape

01-18-2023 04:26 AM
JohanCE
New Contributor

Greetings CE board,

I'm a beginner to CityEngine, so my nomenclature is probably all over the place. Sorry in advance. I come from a Houdin background though, so I understand the methodology fairly well.

I am looking at building a tool for Unreal Engine, where I draw an input surface in editor. I want to recursively subdivide  the input surface into a specific number of lots, or as many lots that will fit, of 4 different specific dimensions (2,5x2,7meters, 9.5x8,6meters), etc.

Recursively splitting the input surface will only get me so far, and it doesn't seem like "innerRectangle" can slice the input into specific sizes? It will always find the largest possible square in the input shape?

Can someone please point me in the right direction?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Houskan
Esri Contributor

Hi JohanCE

Preview
Thanks for reaching out!

I encourage you to check the CGA reference for detailed information of each available operation.

Your task will include subdividing the input surface into smaller parts, for that I would recommend:

Maybe also interesting: recitfy and occlusion queries 

The innerRectangle operation will always try to find the largest rectangle and its not possible to specifiy a desired size. 

Let me know if these suggestions help! If you have any follow-up questions, I am happy to assists you.
Best,
Niklaus

0 Kudos