Set parameter in AndroidManifest.xml or info.plist, cloud compiler

Jump to solution
03-12-2019 04:49 AM
MassimilianoSantini
New Contributor

Hi,

I'm developing an app with AppStudio and QT Creator.

There's a way to insert parameters in Android Manifest file and/or  in iOS info.plist using only the cloud compiler? No local compiler.

I'd like to insert something like android:allowBackup=false in manifest file or NSAllowsArbitraryLoads=YES in info.plist

Thanks

Massimiliano

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ShobanaSuresh
Esri Contributor

Hi Massimiliano,

Currently, it's not possible to insert parameters directly in Android Manifest or iOS info.plist when using Cloud Make.

However, we've made it possible to configure a lot of these properties using appinfo.json.

To insert android:allowBackup=false in Android manifest file, set capabilities.backup to false in appinfo.json

To set NSAllowsArbitraryLoads=YES in iOS info.plist, set

capabilities.ios.appTransportSecurity.allowArbitraryLoads to true in appinfo.json

Manually edit your app's appinfo.json and set below properties. Save the changes, upload the app to ArcGIS Online and submit a Cloud Make build request. Built Android apk will have android:allowBackup=false set in Manifest and iOS ipa will have NSAllowsArbitraryLoads=YES set in info.plist

"capabilities": { 
  "backup": false,
  "ios": {
    "appTransportSecurity": {
      "allowArbitraryLoads" : true
    }
  },
}

Refer Edit appinfo—AppStudio for ArcGIS | ArcGIS  for more details. Above appinfo properties for backup and NSAllowsArbitraryLoads will be added to this documentation soon.

I hope this helps.

Thanks

Shobana

View solution in original post

1 Reply
ShobanaSuresh
Esri Contributor

Hi Massimiliano,

Currently, it's not possible to insert parameters directly in Android Manifest or iOS info.plist when using Cloud Make.

However, we've made it possible to configure a lot of these properties using appinfo.json.

To insert android:allowBackup=false in Android manifest file, set capabilities.backup to false in appinfo.json

To set NSAllowsArbitraryLoads=YES in iOS info.plist, set

capabilities.ios.appTransportSecurity.allowArbitraryLoads to true in appinfo.json

Manually edit your app's appinfo.json and set below properties. Save the changes, upload the app to ArcGIS Online and submit a Cloud Make build request. Built Android apk will have android:allowBackup=false set in Manifest and iOS ipa will have NSAllowsArbitraryLoads=YES set in info.plist

"capabilities": { 
  "backup": false,
  "ios": {
    "appTransportSecurity": {
      "allowArbitraryLoads" : true
    }
  },
}

Refer Edit appinfo—AppStudio for ArcGIS | ArcGIS  for more details. Above appinfo properties for backup and NSAllowsArbitraryLoads will be added to this documentation soon.

I hope this helps.

Thanks

Shobana