AppStudio Samples - Location Tracking

09-26-2020 04:18 PM
PaulSymes
New Contributor

Could you please point me towards AppStudio Samples for Location Tracking an iOS device on a ArcGIS BaseMap.  The Map Tracking is to displayed on a MapView inside the App (not externally on ArcGIS web).

I have seen a Sample Simple Tracking App on GitHub that Erwin Soekianto published 2 years ago but was hoping there may be newer Samples available for Tracking?

Thanks

Paul Symes

0 Kudos
6 Replies
ErwinSoekianto
Esri Regular Contributor

Hey Paul,

Are you talking about this sample? GitHub - esoekianto/simpletrackingapp: Simple Tracking App made using AppStudio for ArcGIS . It should still work. 

Erwin

0 Kudos
PaulSymes
New Contributor

Hi Erwin

Yes this is the sample I was referring to.  I can open the App in AppStudio and run it.  However the ArcGIS Web Application Map wont open?  The URL it tries to open is - ArcGIS Web Application  and the error message says "Item does not exist or is inaccessible.".

What I would like to do is have the Map open in the App itself and to be able to view track on Map.

Thanks

Paul

0 Kudos
ErwinSoekianto
Esri Regular Contributor

I see, sorry about that. The web map and the feature layer may have been deleted. 

I do have another sample, it is called "Breadcrumb Tracking", that is shared publicly, you can search it in AppStudio Player. 

0 Kudos
PaulSymes
New Contributor

Hi Erwin

Thanks for the AppStudio Player Breadcrumb Tracker suggestion.

This is a good basic example of what I was looking for

Which system would provide the best result for developing a tracking App – ArcGIS Runtime SDK or ArcGIS AppStudio? In terms of App performance and the fastest User experience?

A few questions:

1. The sample functionality includes – Start, Pause, Reset only.

• Can Stop & Save be easily added?

• Can saved tracks be toggled on/off from view and selected from a drop-down list?

• Can saved tracks be saved locally and synced back to secure storage?

• Can track attributes be customized i.e. track type (line, broken line, dots), Color, Thickness etc

3. I note the App defaults to Navigation /Compass view, can this Button be displayed to utilize this functionality?

4. Can a Layer button be added with a drop-down list of options for various Basemaps i.e. Imagery with Labels, Streetmaps, etc

Regards

Paul

0 Kudos
ErwinSoekianto
Esri Regular Contributor

Paul,

This is using ArcGIS Runtime SDK for Qt inside ArcGIS AppStudio. You can grab the source code of this sample if you search and download this sample using AppStudio Player in your desktop, then this would appear in your AppStudio Dekstop on the same computer. They share the same folder. 

The above questions should be able to be added to the application courtesy of the ArcGIS Runtime SDK. The track is a feature in a feature layer, that is available locally and can be uploaded to a feature layer or any form of database you prefer. The symbology of the track can also be changed to your liking as long as ArcGIS Runtime SDK supports it.

Thank you,

Erwin

0 Kudos
WGIMaps
New Contributor III

Erwin, 

Your code for this uses AppFramwork.Controls 1.0 and ArcGISRuntime.Toolkit.Dialogs 100.2 which from what I understand have both are no longer being used in version 5 of AppStudio. What would be used in their place in order to get the code working again?

0 Kudos