AppStudio Quick Report: Submit the information without required field being filled.

09-11-2019 07:42 AM
AlexP_
by
Occasional Contributor III
Hello team,
Please see two screenshots. I have an AppStudio 4.0 Desktop Edition with Quick Report. Edit in QT creator.  I set up as some fields required on form before submit. However, it is still pass to submit without input required fields. It is supposed to force complete required fields before submit. Please advise as soon as possible!  Thank you.    
0 Kudos
4 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Alex,

Thank you so much for reporting the issue for Quick Report. We will start to look into it.

Do you know that you can also log an issue with Esri Support, it will be a better way for you to track the issue status. 

Thanks,

Tina 

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Alex,

This issue can be fixed with one line code change. You can open the Quick Report in the Qt Creator.

Navigate to QuickReport > controls > EditControl.qml file. Replacing line 91 with the following code (see screenshot below). 

text: maxlength? textField.text.trim().length+"/"+maxlength : ""

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Tina 

0 Kudos
AlexP_
by
Occasional Contributor III

Tina,

Thank you for the information. I tested it and It still didn't work.  I already reported it to tech support ESRI. They said it might be a bug...

Alex

0 Kudos
ErwinSoekianto
Esri Regular Contributor

Alex, 

I want to follow up request this question, I think this feature is already added on Quick Report on AppStudio 4.2 and above. I tested this using this feature layer, https://services1.arcgis.com/JXBurs0uwQlwOiHt/arcgis/rest/services/TURT3/FeatureServer/0 , that has required fields, Date and Country (nullable: false). 

Thank you,

Erwin

0 Kudos