Viewing Item Usage

Jump to solution
11-27-2018 01:35 PM
JillianStanford
Occasional Contributor III

Hello!

Can someone confirm that I'm using the Usage operation of the Item object correctly?

The following works to get an item:

When I try to get it's usage I get the following:

This is an ArcGIS Online item and I am an administrator.

Any advice?

Thanks!

Jill

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Per_Åke_MattiasWallin
New Contributor III

I'm using 1.5.1 and this works for me.  In 1.5.0 this didn't work.  However, if I'm trying to get the usage of a web map nothing is returned.

Item usage

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Per_Åke_MattiasWallin
New Contributor III

I'm using 1.5.1 and this works for me.  In 1.5.0 this didn't work.  However, if I'm trying to get the usage of a web map nothing is returned.

Item usage

JillianStanford
Occasional Contributor III

Many thanks, Per Åke Mattias Wallin‌, you were correct, I was running an older version of the package and an upgrade worked.

A few follow on questions that maybe you or someone else can answer?

1. How can I view the API for older versions? Would be nice if the documentation indicated when a feature was added like some other APIs.
  2. Web maps work for me. The only item type that doesn't work is an unhosted feature layer that has been registered from ArcGIS Server. Hosted feature layers are fine. In the example below, I registered a publicly available ArcGIS Server Feature Layer (Layer: Continental US Labels (ID: 1) ) and get the following error:
  3. Why do the "number of views" in the item details not match up with the item usage? In the example below I created a hosted feature layer, added it to a map and made an edit. This seems reflected in the "3 views" in the item details but the usage for the last 30 days is empty.

Thank you!

Jill

0 Kudos