Updating Hosted Feature Services Error :(

Jump to solution
08-24-2018 08:58 AM
deleted-user-qpvAI3Fo0MKR
Occasional Contributor III

I've followed the directions in this blog post Updating your hosted feature services with ArcGIS Pro and the ArcGIS API for Python, and like other users have experienced, my script is failing with the following error:

"RuntimeError: User cant overwrite this service, using this data, as this data is already referring to another service."

I've also followed Thomas Colson and Conrad Schaefer tips posted in Feature Layer Overwrite Error - Data Referring to Another Service  to modify the script, but the error persists.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Sadly no. What I discovered was that since we're using AD authentication with SAML, I'm unable to access hosted feature services in our organization via the Python API. Once I realized this, I simply gave up. This is a known limitation.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JoelWilbourn
New Contributor

Josh, Were you able to figure out your problem....? I am having the same issue. I tried to modify my script that have been suggested in the other GeoNet forms but with no success. 

0 Kudos

Sadly no. What I discovered was that since we're using AD authentication with SAML, I'm unable to access hosted feature services in our organization via the Python API. Once I realized this, I simply gave up. This is a known limitation.

0 Kudos