Select to view content in your preferred language

Set popup in a layer published by code

yesterday
mody_buchbinder
Occasional Contributor III

I am using standard code (from the examples) with arcpy and python api to publish a layer (by ref) with feature access.

When I load the mapImage into empty webmap the popup (identify) is turned off by default.

I need to turn it on to see the popups.

If I load the same mapImage to Pro  I do see identify without any extra setting.

When I use Pro (without code) to publish a web layer the problem does not exists. The layer have popups on by default.

I found a few examples about how you turn popup on in a WebMap (using get_data) but no example of how to do it for mapImage or feature service.

I can not find any different between the service that was published using code and the one I created in Pro without code.

Anybody know how to set the default popup to "on" in code for service (not WebMap)?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi @mody_buchbinder,

Can you provide the code you are using to publish the service?  Also, is this occurring in Portal or ArcGIS Online?

0 Kudos
mody_buchbinder
Occasional Contributor III

The code I use is very similar to the solution here:  https://community.esri.com/t5/python-questions/publish-a-referenced-feature-service-from-arcgis/td-p...

It can be found in many versions in the Pro docs.

I am publishing to a local Portal.

Thanks

0 Kudos