Road Sign Extraction with Deep Learning Example?

10-07-2020 10:36 AM
COSPNWGuy
Occasional Contributor II

Hi all. I attended the imagery summit yesterday and saw the example of extracting road signs from video using deep learning again. We will be doing a road sign inventory soon and would like to try this workflow. I have seen this showcased several times now in different ESRI presentations\forums. I am wondering if there are any resources for this workflow, particularly any training datasets and recommendations for equipment and capture specs? The closest thing I could find is Automate Road Surface Investigation Using Deep Learning example which I'm sure is similar. Thanks again. 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

The source and its data is on their github site

arcgis-python-api/samples/04_gis_analysts_data_scientists at master · Esri/arcgis-python-api · GitHu... 

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
COSPNWGuy
Occasional Contributor II

Not seeing anything for road signs or data?

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

there is a data folder but not anything specific to road signs, that is just where the notebooks and the data are housed

GitHub - Esri/arcgis-python-api: Documentation and samples for ArcGIS API for Python 

check inside the Samples folder for other bits

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
MehdiPira1
Esri Contributor
0 Kudos
LukeHenderson1
New Contributor II

Is there anything new with this? Gathering GIS data for DOT assets from cameras would be beneficial project.

0 Kudos