Parameters for remove_users from group?

Jump to solution
06-23-2020 11:40 AM
RyanDavis1
Occasional Contributor

Hi -

Pretty simple question.  What are the parameter types for the remove_users method from a group?

The documentation says the parameter usernames is a "Required string. A comma-separated list of users to be removed."  So is usernames a string or a list of strings?

The method also returns a "dictionary with a key notRemoved that is a list of users not removed."  However, it seems to be returning a dictionary whose value for the notRemoved key seems to be a list of my string characters:  {'notRemoved': ['e', 'k', 'v', '5', '_', 'c', 'd']}.

Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,

Ryan

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RyanDavis1
Occasional Contributor

Figured it out... I had to add my string to a single element list first.  I still think the documentation is confusing.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RyanDavis1
Occasional Contributor

Figured it out... I had to add my string to a single element list first.  I still think the documentation is confusing.

0 Kudos
fklotz
by
Occasional Contributor

I've found this to be relatively common especially with the ArcGIS API for Python, and now also with Arcade. I use the "Was this page helpful" link on the right hand side of the page and report the confusing (and sometimes incorrect) documentation in hopes that it will be cleaned up. I have generally had very good success with this, with documentation being cleaned up relatively quickly and an email thank-you message showing up in my email inbox.  I was just about to do the same for this one when I came across this community posting. One ongoing issue with the ArcGIS API for Python is that much of the help appears to come from the REST api help. This would be ok in many cases, but in some cases parameter names are different or operate slightly differently. 

It is frustrating that the documentation is unclear. I find that no matter how clear the documentation appears with ESRI, I sometimes have to run tests to see if my understanding of it is correct.

Farley
0 Kudos