Item URL Properties

Jump to solution
09-01-2021 04:08 PM
AzinSharaf
Occasional Contributor II

to get the URL address of a feature/map layer in ArcGIS Enterprise I am using this code and it returns what I need. (Rest endpoint URLs of the service)

AzinSharaf_0-1630537238864.png

I am wondering why item.url properties is not documented in API Reference for the ArcGIS API for Python.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

The url property is specific to certain kinds of items, and will not always appear for each item. Though it does not seem to be documented, I would guess that the property is just inherited from the specific item type.

There was another post some time ago about another sometimes-present property that was undocumented, though which one it was escapes me currently.

jcarlson_0-1630588891485.png

Regardless, it's important to keep in mind that while the API docs are an excellent reference, they are by no means 100% comprehensive and without error. Which is usually the case for large, complex projects that are continually in a state of development.

If you spot what you believe is a gap in the docs, you should file a bug report at the Python API's github repo. Or, if you're knowledgeable enough, submit a Pull Request for the fix yourself!

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

The url property is specific to certain kinds of items, and will not always appear for each item. Though it does not seem to be documented, I would guess that the property is just inherited from the specific item type.

There was another post some time ago about another sometimes-present property that was undocumented, though which one it was escapes me currently.

jcarlson_0-1630588891485.png

Regardless, it's important to keep in mind that while the API docs are an excellent reference, they are by no means 100% comprehensive and without error. Which is usually the case for large, complex projects that are continually in a state of development.

If you spot what you believe is a gap in the docs, you should file a bug report at the Python API's github repo. Or, if you're knowledgeable enough, submit a Pull Request for the fix yourself!

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
AzinSharaf
Occasional Contributor II

thank you Josh

0 Kudos