I get a 'PropertyMap' instance has no attribute 'geoanalytics' when trying to use the summarize_data submodule

05-18-2017 02:53 PM
CharlieWare
New Contributor II

I'm trying to use the join_features tool or any of the tools in the summarize_data submodule of the geoanalytics module. Whatever tool I try, I always get this error:

'PropertyMap" instance has no attribute 'geoanalytics'

The import statment for the arcgis.geoanalytics module works just fine but when I try to use it, I get the above error.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
SarahAmbrose
Esri Contributor

Hi Charlie,

Can you please confirm for me that you have GeoAnalytics enabled on your Portal? If you do have GeoAnalytics enabled, are you able to run any GeoAnalytics tools through Pro, the Portal map viewer or REST? 

Here is an overview of GeoAnalytics: What is ArcGIS GeoAnalytics Server?—Documentation | ArcGIS Enterprise 

Here is some documentation on how to run the tools through the Portal UI: Use the GeoAnalytics Tools in the portal map viewer—Documentation | ArcGIS Enterprise 

Please let me know what you find out. 

Thanks,

Sarah

Product Engineer, GeoAnalytics Team

0 Kudos
CharlieWare
New Contributor II

Sarah,

I am running the geoanalytics tools against services in our corporate ArcGIS Online account. I’m not sure how to check to see if geoanalytics is enabled there. As a test, I did run the get_datastores() function and it did not give me the error. However, it did return .

Charlie

0 Kudos
SarahAmbrose
Esri Contributor

Hi Charlie,

It makes sense that GeoAnalytics isn't working. Currently GeoAnalytics is only supported on-premises (using ArcGIS Enterprise) and is not available in ArcGIS Online. ArcGIS Online does have the tools summarize within and join features. I believe that Summarize Within can currently be run using the Python API (arcgis.features.summarize_data module — arcgis 1.0.1 documentation). I don't think Join Features using the standard tool is currently supported in the Python API, but I will ask a Python API colleague to follow up. 

Thanks,

Sarah

0 Kudos
CharlieWare
New Contributor II

Sarah,

I am using join_features from within the Python API in a standalone Python script running on my local PC. The input data is coming from AGOL but everything else is running locally. I’m not sure how that fits in with what environments geoanalytics is supposed to work in.

Charlie

0 Kudos
RohitSingh2
Esri Contributor

Charlie,

The geoanalytics module is for working with big-data, and is only supported on ArcGIS Enterprise. You can use arcgis.geoanalytics.is_supported() method to check whether geoanalytics is supported in your GIS.

For working with feature data, you need to look at the tools available within the submodules of arcgis.features modules. The guide at Summarizing feature data | ArcGIS for Developers  describes working with these tools.

Thanks,

Rohit

0 Kudos
CharlieWare
New Contributor II

Rohit,

Thanks for responding. Geoanalytics is not supported in my installation. I was just looking for some way in the Python API to do a spatial join. That’s where I got into the geoanalytics module. Is there a spatial join function anywhere else in the Python API?

Thanks,

Charlie Ware

0 Kudos
SarahAmbrose
Esri Contributor

Hi Charlie Ware‌,

You can complete a spatial join this this tool: arcgis.features.summarize_data module — arcgis 1.8.2 documentation 

This is the one available in the map viewer in ArcGIS Online. You can read about the tool here: Join Features—ArcGIS Online Help | Documentation 

Thanks,

Sarah

0 Kudos
NaomiBegg2
Occasional Contributor III

Sarah Ambrose

Can anyone confirm if this join is now supported in AGOL notebooks?  I am getting the same error message.

I have a survey which has a repeat table within it.  I am wanting to join the survey table (holds action type) to the survey feature layer (holds action date) which I then want to join to another feature layer (requires action updating).

0 Kudos
SarahAmbrose
Esri Contributor

Naomi Begg‌,

The Join Features tool through GeoAnalytics Server is not available in ArcGIS Online. It is currently only available in ArcGIS Enterprise when you have a GeoAnalytics Server set up. 

The Join Features tool that uses the Standard Analysis tools (same tools you see in Map Viewer in ArcGIS Online) is available. You can access it through the features.summarize_data module. It looks like for your operation you might want to complete the following workflow:

1. Join the survey table to the survey feature layers (one time operation)

2. Join the result from 1 (using a hosted view) to another layer. This step isn't through the features module - and will have to be done using an update to the service. There is a blog about this process here

I hope that clarifies what's availble,

Sarah

0 Kudos