Select to view content in your preferred language

Connection to AGOL Exception

Thursday
BrianLeroux
Regular Contributor

I have a script i have been using for the past 6 months that connects to AGOL and copies content into my Portal. Today the script is unable to connect to AGOL. The script connects using gis = GIS(url="https://amica.maps.arcgis.com/home",username="myUN",password="myPW"). 

Exception                                 Traceback (most recent call last)
In  [9]:
Line 1:     gis = GIS(url="https://amica.maps.arcgis.com/home",username="myUN",password="myPW")

File C:\Users\A10713\AppData\Local\ESRI\conda\envs\arcgispro-py3-clone-1\Lib\site-packages\arcgis\gis\__init__.py, in __init__:
Line 637:   raise e

File C:\Users\A10713\AppData\Local\ESRI\conda\envs\arcgispro-py3-clone-1\Lib\site-packages\arcgis\gis\__init__.py, in __init__:
Line 576:   self._portal = _portalpy.Portal(

File C:\Users\A10713\AppData\Local\ESRI\conda\envs\arcgispro-py3-clone-1\Lib\site-packages\arcgis\gis\_impl\_portalpy.py, in __init__:
Line 237:   self.get_properties(True)

File C:\Users\A10713\AppData\Local\ESRI\conda\envs\arcgispro-py3-clone-1\Lib\site-packages\arcgis\gis\_impl\_portalpy.py, in get_properties:
Line 1312:  raise e

File C:\Users\A10713\AppData\Local\ESRI\conda\envs\arcgispro-py3-clone-1\Lib\site-packages\arcgis\gis\_impl\_portalpy.py, in get_properties:
Line 1292:  resp = self.con.post(path, self._postdata(), ssl=True)

File C:\Users\A10713\AppData\Local\ESRI\conda\envs\arcgispro-py3-clone-1\Lib\site-packages\arcgis\gis\_impl\_con\_connection.py, in post:
Line 1517:  raise Exception("A general error occurred: %s" % e)

Exception: A general error occurred: maximum recursion depth exceeded while calling a Python object

When I check in Fiddler I see the following message for the request. 

"After the client received notice of the established CONNECT, it failed to send any data."

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
BrianLeroux
Regular Contributor

Oddly enough I was able to connect after changing my python package manager active environment back to the default arcgispro-py3 environment. I was using a clone as I needed a couple additional packages for another project. Not sure why the clone would block the connection to AGOL.

0 Kudos
PierreloupDucroix
Occasional Contributor II

Hello,

I have the same error since I upgraded to pro 3.3, do you have the same version ?

0 Kudos
ericsamson_tract
New Contributor II

Currently experiencing the same thing in a dockerized container for arcgis version: 2.2.0.1

I have not found a solution yet.

0 Kudos