Arcpy - ExportToPDF - output_as_image

12-05-2019 11:27 AM
PatrickTighe
New Contributor

According to the Docs on Esri's website for the Layout (and mapSeries) class, there is supposed to be parameter for the "exportToPDF" function called "output_as_image", but when running code including that parameter (both in IDLE and in the python window of ArcPro) arcpy gives the "Unexpected keyword argument" error.

Is this is a versioning issue where I need to update my version of Pro to the newest? I don't see anything in the changelog referencing the addition of this keyword in the exportToPDF functions.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

I suspect the docs are for the most recent versions

import arcgis

arcgis.__version__
Out[9]: '1.7.0'

What does yours report

PatrickTighe
New Contributor

well that was easy! My install of Arc Pro 2.3.1 has arcgis version 1.5.1. Is there any way to update the arcgis library without updating the ArcPro program? My IT is reluctant to update because it'd mean updating/being different from everyone's installations (according to them)

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Sorry... When I worked, our IT department made sure that we had the necessary tools to do our job... being different wasn't an issue

BTW

That version is all but dead... Give someone the heads-up, they have a little bit less than a year to go

Esri Support ArcMap 10.3 (10.3.1) 

0 Kudos