Select to view content in your preferred language

is it possible to build flex applications with ArcGIS server9.2?

05-31-2010 11:14 PM
srinivasreddy
Deactivated User
Now i am working with ArcGIS Server 9.2 and Visual studio. Recently i saw some applications which are developed with Flex api.
So i want to change from .NET to flex.But i don't have the flex builder software. Through internet  i got a tool to called tofino plug in to integrate flex in Visual studio. Through this can i build flex applications in Visual studio. and is it possible to build flex application with ARC GIS server 9.2. or is it necessary Arc GIS server 9.3 or more.

please give me the information..............

thank you.........
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Srinivas,

The REST endpoint that the Flex API uses was introduced at 9.3. So yes AGS Server 9.3 is required.

Here is the quote from the requirement page of the API

The ArcGIS API for Flex, both versions 1.x and 2.x, will work with any REST-enabled ArcGIS Server, i.e., ArcGIS Server 9.3 or later.
0 Kudos
MarkDeaton
Esri Contributor
The REST API that the Flex API depends on didn't come along until 9.3+. In theory you could still write a Flex app to use the SOAP services exposed by ArcGIS Server 9.2 and below. But (a) you wouldn't get the benefits of the nice ArcGIS Flex object model, and (b) in practice I've found that the Flex SOAP tools do a very poor job of building code from ArcGIS SOAP.
0 Kudos