Cluster Rendering for ArcMap

07-30-2012 10:25 AM
Labels (1)
DouglasCaldwell
New Contributor III

Cluster rendering was demonstrated at the Esri UC Plenary and looks like a great capability. Would like to see this renderer added to the desktop products.

0EME0000000TRZi

30 Comments
CattyannCampbell
I second that motion, I actually went looking to see how to do this is Desktop. Would be nice to have different shaped of clusters (hexaganol) and also throw in heat mapping while we're at it. Why should this just be an ArcGIS Online/ESRI Maps for MS Office function. Google lets you do this for free come on ESRI.
StaffanstorpsKommun
We really need this feature!
JohnDye

Great thought. Never going to happen. All new development is going to Pro. ArcMap is dying on the vine.

KoryKramer

We've marked this as In Product Plan, but note that as John stated, this will be functionality going into ArcGIS Pro.  

Anneka_France

Is there a time frame for this update? Not having this tool is really frustrating. Would also like to see the symbology in the 'Summary Viewer' web app template made available in online maps or other configurable app templates.

KoryKramer

This functionality didn't make it into Pro 2.3 which will be out in January 2019.  So hopefully in the release after that.

Anneka_France

Thanks for the update. Do you know if they will be bringing this symbology to ArcGIS online? The current 'clustering' symbology doesn't work for most applications and doesn't allow you to add a count label. Would love to see something like the clustering tools in Google maps without having to create a custom application: GitHub - googlemaps/js-marker-clusterer: A marker clustering library for the Google Maps JavaScript ... 

KoryKramer

Sounds like you're interested in https://community.esri.com/ideas/15015 

MikeCusi1

I got Pro 2.4.1 but can't see it anywhere.

AnninaHirschiWyss

Hi Kory Kramer‌, will it make it to 2.5? Will Multipoint FC be supported?

#point cluster

#dispersed points

#multipoint features