Place of the Week
Whether you just became a member or you’ve been here for a while, introduce yourself in our new place! We just launched GeoNet Member Introductions for members to share a little about themselves and connect with other members on related interests. Visit our new GeoNet Member Introductions space and introduce yourself to begin your networking journey in the community.
Look out for a GeoNet member who may be in your industry or is located near you in the new Introduce Yourself area and say hello.
Featured Content Highlights
Joshua Clifford shared a tutorial on Transforming Polylines into Route Layers in Navigator for ArcGIS. This step-by-step tutorial uses bus routes for transporting children from two local middle schools to a camping trip location as a scenario to demonstrate how to use your route layers in the field and on a mobile device.
There are additional links to more resources and exercises for ArcGIS Navigator included.
Have you heard about the StoryMaps Contest? You can win $5,000 for the cause of your choice. Deadline to enter is September 30, 2019. Winners will be announced on GIS Day.
Open Questions & Discussions
- Mariam Khayyat is asking for best practices on building a mosaic for scanned hard copies of rasters with multiple background colors.
- Michael Volz is asking if addresses with fractions (example: 1234 ¼ Main Street, City, State) cause issues in enterprise systems such as geocoding, and how to problem-solve those issues.
- Ashleigh Price wants to know some examples of applying the Line Statistics and Box Statistics from the Spatial Analyst toolbox and what use do the results of these tools have.
Do you have knowledge in other areas? See if you can answer these unanswered questions in the community.
Product & Service Updates Round-Up
Take a look at these product and service updates announced in GeoNet:
- StoryMaps shared a summary of What’s New from August 2019.
- ArcGIS Online Education Licenses have a new GIS Professional Advanced user type if your organization migrated to the new Education Institution Agreement.
Where do I post my question? Find a location in Product Communities, Industry Communities, or in Developer Communities that is relevant to your question and ask your question there. If it applies to multiple places, post in a primary-related space and share the question to other places by selecting Share in the GeoNet navigation bar.
Find the Top Trending content you are following, unanswered questions, and blogs by selecting located in the GeoNet navigation bar. Got an idea or suggestion for future weekly updates? Comment below or contact us at .
Follow on Twitter