Specify TimeZone for popups/attributes in arcgisonline maps

04-08-2014 07:19 AM
AshakaThakore1
New Contributor II
I have created a map on our arcgisonline account... It has layer which has some attributes of the date-type.... When I click on any point of that layer, it popups the window with attributes, now all the date-time values in that popup are displayed in PST(Or some other timezone).. How can I set it to display date-time values in timezone - EST?
How do I specify timezone in ArcGIS Online?

thanks
Tags (2)
34 Replies
AshakaThakore1
New Contributor II
Thanks mike, so the data in the database(Oracle) is stored as UTC and not as our local timezone time?

thanks
0 Kudos
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor
Where does your data live? Is it an ArcGIS Server service? Hosted in ArcGIS ONline? We assume data stored in ArcGIS Online is in UTC.

Mike
0 Kudos
AshakaThakore1
New Contributor II
I have a featureclass in Oracle 11g ArcSDE10.1...
I have published it in our external facing server which has arcgis-server 10 
so my service is http://gisweb.wsscwater.com/ArcGIS/rest/services/WSSC/CustomerOutreach/MapServer

Then i created a webmap  using our ArcGIS Online account and i consume that service in that webmap...

That webmap http://wssc.maps.arcgis.com/home/webmap/viewer.html?webmap=f35adbe9b862471fb6842ae1f0fb1c40 shows wrong time.. It substracts 4 hours from all our date-time values
0 Kudos
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor
Yes, this is the web browser shifting time from UTC. Are you 4 hours from UTC?

In ArcMap, you can set the timezone for a layer from the Layer Properties dialog, Time tab.

Mike
RoyceSimpson
Occasional Contributor III

This seems to correct the issue.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
waelkatrou
New Contributor

Hello Mike,

I have a layer that has more than one date attribute (4 date attribute).

Is there a way to set the default timeZone for this attributes using ArcMap as you've suggested.

Thanx.

0 Kudos
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor

Yes, in ArcMap, you can set the time zone for the layer through the Layer Properties dialog. The dates will still display with an offset in ArcGIS Online if you are not in the same timezone the data were collected in.

Thanks,

Mike

0 Kudos
DownerNew_Zealand
New Contributor III

I have the same problem as Wael. While your solution corrects our data for the one date field we specify in the time tab, not the other dates. We have multiple date fields in each record (5 to be exact). Is there any way to universally update the timezone for the entire layer, not just a single field? I've attached a screenshot that shows the discrepancy of the data from the database and how is displays in our Portal.Capture2.JPG

0 Kudos