Widget Print Webmap - Problems in the printout

Jump to solution
01-23-2014 08:02 AM
ionarawilson1
Occasional Contributor III
Can anybody tell me why map printout is messed up? The title just shows a few letters and the text on the bottom also. Thank you

https://developers.arcgis.com/en/javascript/jssamples/widget_print_webmap.html
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertoPepato
Occasional Contributor II
I think I tested on FF at work. I am at home and I tested it in all 3 browsers, and the only one with problems is FF 26.0. Please see
pic attached
What's the version of your FF? thanks

[ATTACH=CONFIG]30787[/ATTACH]

Got it. I'm able to reproduce the issue using FF 26 (I'm using Mac OS). On the previous test, I was using 25.0.1. Strangely enough, everything looks good on safari/chrome:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]30788[/ATTACH]

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
RobertoPepato
Which browser/version are you using?

From my end, everything works fine in safari/chrome/firefox, for PDF and Image printouts.
0 Kudos
ionarawilson1
I think I tested on FF at work. I am at home and I tested it in all 3 browsers, and the only one with problems is FF 26.0. Please see
pic attached

0 Kudos
RobertoPepato
pic attached

Got it. I'm able to reproduce the issue using FF 26 (I'm using Mac OS). On the previous test, I was using 25.0.1. Strangely enough, everything looks good on safari/chrome:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]30788[/ATTACH]
0 Kudos
ionarawilson1
I haven't tested on safari but chrome and i.e are good. Is there a way to fix it?
0 Kudos
RobertoPepato
I haven't tested on safari but chrome and i.e are good. Is there a way to fix it?

I don't know if it is possible to fixed by changes on the client (api) code. Looks like some issue on FF 26. Can you use the browsers developer extensions (firebug, developer tools, etc) to compare how the request params are being generate for chrome/firefox? If FF is messing with the request by any chance, maybe you could construct the request and call the service rest api directly.
0 Kudos
ionarawilson1
I looked a the request params but FF 26 seems ok. Can you take a look at the images and let me know if you see anything that is messed up? Thanks

FF:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]30810[/ATTACH]

Chrome:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]30811[/ATTACH]
0 Kudos
derekswingley1
Frequent Contributor
This looks like a problem with FF's integrated pdf viewer. I can repro this by viewing this pdf (generated by the print sample linked above) in FF26:  http://sampleserver6.arcgisonline.com/arcgis/rest/directories/arcgisoutput/Utilities/PrintingTools_G...

Viewing the same pdf in Chrome displays without issue.

FF had a similar issue recently but the discussion around it says FF 24 and 25 were affected:  https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/975146
0 Kudos
ionarawilson1
You are totally right! When I save the PDF and open in another viewer, the PDF is fine! Thank you for sorting this out for me!!! I appreciate your help. Now I can use the code with more confidence!
0 Kudos