plurigausssan simulation method

12-08-2013 10:50 AM
TahirTamba1
New Contributor III
Hi,

I would like to know if plurigaussan simulation is implemented within Geostatistical Analyst. If not, is it a way to use it within Geostatistical Analyst?

Thanks a lot.

Regards.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
EricKrause
Esri Regular Contributor
Sorry, it is not implemented in Geostatistical Analyst or elsewhere in ArcGIS.

If this is a useful functionality that you think should be in the software, you should recommend it on the ideas site.
0 Kudos
ShaunWalbridge
Esri Regular Contributor
I don't believe there's any GIS system which directly implements Plurigaussian simulation, most of the models I've seen are written for numerical computing focused environments such as MATLAB or Fortran. The necessary primitive mathematical functions to perform are to my knowledge all included in Geostatistical Analyst, so I imagine it'd be reasonable to make this extension, but I'm unaware of an existing implementation.
0 Kudos
TahirTamba1
New Contributor III
Thank you Eric and Shaun for your answers to my question. We are looking for an application of geostatistical analysis allows us to simulate several categorical variables using the Gaussian method. But actually, as Shaun points out, there is apparently no GIS system that has implemented this algorithm, except MatLab. A colleague told me about the implementation of this algorithm with a software named SGeMS developed by Stanford University, but first I wanted to see the side of ESRI.

I come back to you on the details justifying the reason for the use of this algorithm.

thank you again.

Regards.
0 Kudos