Point Clustering with WKID:4326

Jump to solution
09-26-2013 09:27 AM
AndrewDavis
New Contributor
Hi,

I am working with the point clustering example: http://developers.arcgis.com/en/javascript/samples/layers_point_clustering/

and have been able to get it to work nicely with a WebMercator map locally. 

I have to deploy an instance where it will be plotted on top of a map with a tiled basemap (wkid:4326).

I have gone through the code and made sure that all of my wkid entries were 4326.

I am able to get my cluster graphics to show on that map, but they all plot inside that hole in the bottom of the ocean (0 by 0);.

Is there anyone who is using clustering on a wkid 4326 map?

Andy..
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ZachLiu1
Occasional Contributor II
Have you checked the map.spatialReference to see if the whole map is really displayed in WKID 4326?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ZachLiu1
Have you checked the map.spatialReference to see if the whole map is really displayed in WKID 4326?
0 Kudos
AndrewDavis
New Contributor
Yes, that is what I am having fun with right now.

The map spatial ref is in 4326.
The tiled map service (my basemap) is in 4326 on my server
Inside the 'clusterLayer' (firebug)

• the '_clusterData' collection of objects are showing decimal degree coordinates.

• the clusterLayer spatialReference is set to wkid 4326

... Found it...

Inside the 'ClusterLayer.js' script on line #64 there is a call to spatial reference "102100"...  Once I changed that I had a bonanza.. 

Thanks for your reply and I appreciate your help.

Things are always clearer in the morning...

Andy
0 Kudos
ZachLiu1
Usually when features cluster at around (0, 0) it means you put lat, lng points on a projected coordinate system cause the numbers are too small. Glad to help.:)
0 Kudos